Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to deactivate eircom a/c so new owners of house can set up their own account

Options
  • 20-10-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have recently sold my house, new owners need me to deactivate the phone line so that they can set up their own account, internet etc, eircom say i need my old account number or phone number to deativeate, name and address of house not enough, I have no old bills for account number and cant remember phone number as got rid of land line a few years ago, am allergic at this stage as eircom of no help whatsoeer and new owners getting very annoyed and hounding estate agent, what do I do, all I want to do is deactivate the line in my name!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Been a while since I've had to do this, but if the line is still activated, connect a phone and dial 199000. It should read back the phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

evie39 wrote: »
    I have recently sold my house, new owners need me to deactivate the phone line so that they can set up their own account, internet etc, eircom say i need my old account number or phone number to deativeate, name and address of house not enough, I have no old bills for account number and cant remember phone number as got rid of land line a few years ago, am allergic at this stage as eircom of no help whatsoeer and new owners getting very annoyed and hounding estate agent, what do I do, all I want to do is deactivate the line in my name!!!!
    Hi evie39, 

The advice Duiske offered is the best way around this. If you dial 199000 this will call back the previous telephone number to you. 

Thanks

Al 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Duiske wrote: »
    Been a while since I've had to do this, but if the line is still activated, connect a phone and dial 199000. It should read back the phone number.
    Thanks for the advice Duiske. 

Al 

Advertisement