Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect climate finder

Options
  • 20-10-2014 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking of moving to a city / region that has my perfect climate but how would I go about finding such a destination.

Is there a website that I can input my ideal daytime and nighttime temperatures that would then show me a list of cities that experience those tempatures ?

For what it's worth my ideal daytime temperatures would be 18-22 degrees and nighttime would be 12-15.

Also low rainfall would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Madeira is the closest I can think of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeira#Climate

The Azores is another one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azores#Climate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Thanks for that ray.

I have found one website but it would take weeks to search individually for cities so I really need one that has a search facility for specific degrees.

It's really really difficult to word it in such a way that allows google to help me find one.

I thought the weather guys might have known of one. Wonder should I try a differnt part of boards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Maybe the Travel forum might be able to help you ? Lots of people who travel for all sorts of reasons i suppose :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sounds like Dublin June - September to be honest.
    Problem is any place likely to have a narrow temperature range all year is going to be either much colder, or much hotter than that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Sounds like Dublin June - September to be honest.
    Problem is any place likely to have a narrow temperature range all year is going to be either much colder, or much hotter than that.

I'm quite limited on the internet current but I think San Francisco and Cape Town fall into my range. There must be plenty of others

• Advertisement

I'm thinking about all year round with very limited fluctuation.

It's more important to find a site that I can search on rather than fixate on my ideal temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

San Diego - perfect climate

traco wrote: »
    San Diego - perfect climate

It may be but a website that allows me to input the information that will return a list of relevant cities is really what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm guessing that you're not keen on wide temperature extremes, so you wouldn't be in to somewhere like Calgary. As a rule, coastal regions are more moderate, with west coasts even more so, so the above suggestion of San Diego is a good start. Portugal would be a bit closer to home, the Algarve is a popular ex-pat destination.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    I'm guessing that you're not keen on wide temperature extremes, so you wouldn't be in to somewhere like Calgary. As a rule, coastal regions are more moderate, with west coasts even more so, so the above suggestion of San Diego is a good start. Portugal would be a bit closer to home, the Algarve is a popular ex-pat destination.

Yeah but still looking for a website that will help with my search.

• Advertisement
Advertisement