Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M1 eTag - Cost

Options
  • 20-10-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm considering buying an eTag for use on the M1, but I can't find any info online about the cost of the tag, or the cost per trip. I'd be using it pretty much every day for college.

I've heard before that there's an additional cost for using it on the M1, but I can't find any information on it now. Also if you opt for prepay, are you entitled for a 10% discount?

If anyone could direct me towards a link highlighting the cost of the tag and the charges per trip/month it would be great, I've emailed them but have yet to get a response.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A quick Google should give you the various companies that operate tags for the M1. There is no reduced rate per trip and a monthly charge with most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

If you're using it daily it's well worth the small monthly fee. For a start, you'll save 10c on the times you threw in a €2 coin because you had no smaller change. You'll also save in fuel efficiency by not having to stop and pull off or idle in traffic while waiting for people routing with change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I have a tolltag from this company for a few years now

https://bookings.parkmagic.net/pmui/website/tolltag.html

The tag cost me €30 and included a small bit of credit. The reason I liked this one is that I just top it up with credit rather than have a monthly fee. I'm not a frequent user of tolls so that suits me. It works on several tolled roads, and you can also pay for some parking using your tag credit.

There's a €1 charge for topping up online (regardless of the amount you top up by), there's a 10% charge every time you use a toll - so if the toll costs €1.90, the charge is 19c. It's cheaper than pay as you use on the M50 as far as I can recall.

(no connection to the company, just a customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Thanks everyone for your responses. That's what I'm hoping the cost is tenifan, I finally found a site with prices, easytrip.ie. They rent the tag for €1.32 a month or purchase outright for €30.49 and 62cent a month usage charge, but as gipi stated (and I remember reading this last year) there was a 10% service charge for every time you use the toll (approx €50 a year), but none of them seem to mention it.

I'll contact easytrip tomorrow and see if they have a service charge for each time you pass the toll and I'll let you's know if there's a 10% charge for each trip

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Oiriallach

Best job for regular travellers on the M1 is a 20-journey card at €34.20 (€1.71 per trip). Buy it from a manned booth and top it up for a further 20 journeys when necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement