Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire Transfer to India

Options
  • 20-10-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Team,

My name is Karthick and I'm based out of India. I requested a Wire Transfer from one of our client based out of Dublin, Ireland. I provided my bank account (Beneficiary account) and the NOSTRO account associated with my bank. My client made a wire transfer of  €400 on 23rd September 2014 but I haven't receive the payment yet. While checking with my bank, they said the payment has been made to the NOSTRO account and not to my personal account. They asked for SWIFT code related to this transaction but my client says she didn't receive any SWIFT codes for this transaction. However, she sent me a PDF file and I see a reference number on it and I see the payment has been made to the NOSTRO account and not to my beneficiary account.

Could you please help get me the SWIFT code of this transaction so I can have my bank to track the payment?

Payment was made on 23rd September. I can provide you screenshot of the receipt shared by our client.

It would be of great help if you can help me on this.

Thank you so much,
    Karthick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi karthicktarget,

Thanks for getting in touch.

May I clarify, was the payment made to or from a Bank of Ireland account? The person who sent the payment will need to contact their bank to request a trace on the transfer. If the payment was made through 365 Online, they can call 0818 365 365 to request this.

As the Reps here on boards.ie do not have account access, we would be unable to look into this for you here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karthicktarget

Hi Tara, thank you so much for responding.

Payment was made from a Bank of Ireland account to my account in India. As you know, International payments are made to a NOSTRO account and then it will be redirected to my personal account. While making the payment, I guess customer has mentioned the NOSTRO account and she failed to mention my personal account (Beneficiary account)

As a result, the payment has not been credited to my account. 

How can I track this payment? If I couldn't track it, can I have the client to recall it and initiate the payment again?

Please assist me on this. Your assistance will certainly help me to track this payment.

Thank you so much,
    Karthick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi karthicktarget,

The person who sent the payment to you would need to call BOI365, on 0818365 365, to request that a bank to bank query is raised on the transfer.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi karthicktarget,

The person who sent the payment to you would need to call BOI365, on 0818365 365, to request that a bank to bank query is raised on the transfer.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara, Thanks for your response.

Well, my client has asked for the following details from my end to make the payment in EUROS.
    1. Payee's name and residential address
    2. International Bank Account identification details – IBAN (or equivalent account details)
    3. SWIFT Address (BIC)
    4. Bank Account address
    [*]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately, Indian banks don't have an IBAN number. Instead they have routing number associated with Nostro Accounts. So do I need to provide IBAN/Routing number along with Nostro account details? Could you please assist me on this?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Also, once the payment is made, will my client get a SWIFT copy for the payment she makes? My bank needs it to track the payment.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Please help me on what should I provide the client to get this payment. I'm based out of India and I have an account with Axis Bank.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]I look forward to hear from you soon.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Karthick[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi karthicktarget, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for coming back to us. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]To make an International transfer from a Bank of Ireland account to an account in India, the sender will require the following information: [/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Your name and address [/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Your Banks name and address [/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Your banks BIC/Swift code. We would suggest that you speak to your own bank to confirm these details. [/font]
    [*]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When the sender makes this transfer through Bank of Ireland 365Online, they will have the option to print a transfer receipt which will confirm the transfer information. If the sender requires assistance with this transfer, please ask them to call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be more than happy to assist them. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Elaine [/font]

• Advertisement

Dear Elaine,

Thank you so much for your response.

I checked with our client and she mentioned that she don’t use Banking 365 as this is for personal banking.  She uses Bank of Ireland Business on Line and she needs an IBAN number to make International payment it seems.

I checked with our bank and they confirmed that they don't have an IBAN number. Instead they have a routing number. 

How can my client execute the payment to India? Any inputs from your end would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Karthick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi karthicktarget, 

Thanks for coming back to us and for the clarification. 

When making this type of transfer via Bank of Ireland Business Online the same information as mentioned in our previous post will be required. The only additional detail we request is what we call a 'PIN code' which is the alphanumerical post code of your own address. 

Should the sender require assistance with this transfer, please ask them to call our Help Desk on 1890 818 265 / 00353 1460 6445. Our dedicated representatives are available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and will be more than happy to help them with this and to ensure the transfer is made successfully. 

Once again, we hope this helps and thanks for getting in contact. 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jitendrapatel

Hi, 
    I have similar issue getting wire transfer from AIB Bank.  Is it posssible to do a wire Transfer through a Nostro Account?
    Dear Karthick,
    Do you had  any success with above wire transfer?

Advertisement