Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a demand for 3-bed apartments in South Dublin (Sandyford specifically)?

Options
  • 20-10-2014 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if there is a demand for 3 bedroom apartments in South Dublin..in Sandyford? My sister, who lives in Australia (so hence I'm helping her), wants to get rid of an apartment she has. It's very close (within walking distance) to the Luas. She has tenants and doesn't want to ruffle their feathers by getting an estate agent in to 'view' it. I've been tasked with trying to establish whether there's a demand in the buying market. She'd be needing around the €360k mark. It's a nice development. I've rang some auctioneers and they all wildly differ in their estimates. And I'm skeptical that they just want to have it on their books, so they might over inflate the value of it to do this.
    Just wondering if I could get some feedback for her with regards to what people might think re: 3 bed apartments? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You could look on Daft at similar apartments and see how long it takes to to shift them and at what price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

CatFromHue wrote: »
    You could look on Daft at similar apartments and see how long it takes to to shift them and at what price.

There aren't any. It's all 2 beds. There's one 3 bed at the moment but you'd never know if it's gauged right. Apparently 3 bed apartments rarely come up in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

There aren't any.

Where did you look? A VERY quick look at myhome.ie has two 3-bed apartments listed, one for 330k (96m2) and one for 375 (94m2). Personally I think that's a phenomenal amount of money to pay for an apartment that's about 20k or more from Dublin CC but it seems as though your sister could be in the right ballpark.

Having said that:

a) apartments are much less sought after at the minute and less likely to achieve asking prices (true on the northside, i've no figures for Sandyford to back this up
    b) once these new LTV ratios and 3.5 times salary come into force in the new year, expect apartment/house prices to drop a fair bit as the market adjusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

take a look at the comparables and the property price register, pricing isnt an exact science...

Advertisement