Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of wirless Jawbone speaker to Amazon

Options
  • 20-10-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hope someone can offer some advice.

Purchased a Jawbone speaker from Amazon about 18 months ago for about £100. It is now not working routinely (last 8 weeks I get static when trying to connect with bluetooth about 80% of the time and upon googling, this seems a common issue).

Question; Would this be covered by a return or is 18 months too long? If I can return should I contact amazon or the manufacurer directly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Get on to Amazon asap. They are very good at customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

Just an update on this.

I emailed Amazon and they said in the first instance contact manufacturer to see if they would help; the manufacturer was not interested as over 1 year warrantee and did not push as I know I had my contract with Amazon.

Got back in touch with Amazon and said I wasn't happy as although over warranty I would expect €130 speaker to last more than 18 months.

They replied within an hour saying although not obliged they were willing to give me €80 as a goodwill gesture which I thought was reasonable and accepted.

They were very quick to try and sort out and did not make it difficult: very happy and impressed with customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Thats a great outcome to be honest. I've always been happy with Amazon customer care. :)

Advertisement