Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asm auto sales macroom???

Options
  • 20-10-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of the above car dealers in macroom? Spotted a car there via done deal - all they seem to have is a website and a mobile number.

Just doing a bit of homework on them if anyone can advise or help out with more info or personal experience?

Thanks in advance.

(Mods please delete double post in cork county - as this city forum gets more traffic)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Pretty sure that's what used to be Looney Car sales. Dealt with this place a lot when it was Looneys and it was fine.

I think it's under same ownership as it used to be. It no longer has the Mazda dealership it used to have and I think it doesn't have any dealership.

Reason I don't use them now has nothing to do with change of name and all to do with a change of address for me.

Their service was excellent in the days of Looney Car Sales - but don't anything about dealing with them as ASM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Hooked

Cheers Spur

Just heading off down there now to have a look anyways. It seems there's a polish lad running this place the last few years, not sure if he owns it or is just the MD/head of sales. Noting negative on the web or via Fafebook, so.. I'll just have to go and judge for myself.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I just need to share my experience with these guys.

I enquired by telephone about a car, and asked if this certain car has full service history - as anyone buying would.

After asking a few times he admits the car only has partial history - and rather than explaining why he told me to go off and buy a new car!

I've dealt with many dealers over the years - good and bad - but never came across anyone this rude!!

Just a heads up in case anyone is paying this place a visit. There may be good cars there, but be prepared for the attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Timbo1987

666bxg wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I just need to share my experience with these guys.

I enquired by telephone about a car, and asked if this certain car has full service history - as anyone buying would.

After asking a few times he admits the car only has partial history - and rather than explaining why he told me to go off and buy a new car!

I've dealt with many dealers over the years - good and bad - but never came across anyone this rude!!

Just a heads up in case anyone is paying this place a visit. There may be good cars there, but be prepared for the attitude.

Bogdan strikes again. I used to always by my car from John Looney when he had this dealership.

The new guy who took over and lost the name is awful. Absolutely awful.

Advertisement