Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a solicitor need to view a lease for an office?

Options
  • 20-10-2014 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of renting out an office. My landlord is asking if I want to get the lease sent to a solicitor.
    I don't know. Do I?

I rang a couple of solicitors and its pricey for them to do their bit and it's per year.

What do most people do? I haven't gotten the lease yet so I don't know how complicated it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

If you are going to be tied into a lease for a long time it would be advisable to get your solicitor to look at it and note any of the issues that may cause problems down the line. It would be no use signing now and discovering that there was an onerous non standard sneaky clause inserted in the lease by the landlord which you were stuck with for the duration. Dont see why it would be an annual cost.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You don't have to have one view it but as dbran says if you are signing a long term lease its probably worth doing especially if its not something you are familiar with. Office rents seem to be flying up right now the last thing you want is for the landlord to kick you out on some technicality so they can bring in someone on a higher rent.

Wait until you get the lease you might find its all pretty straight forward.

Advertisement