Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys 2 gigs on Paddy's Day @ Vicar Street

Options
  • 20-10-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

On the move at moment but just heard DKM doing a day gig and night gig at Vicar Street on Paddys Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So much win right there . Great way to spend Paddys Day

1956841_10153362187569988_6734239438118882291_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

**** Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No idea of prices yet, hoping ticketbastard limit to 2 per person.

We went to the 2 vicar street gigs last year, and had a meet and greet wit the band, i asked Ken if they'd ever do dublin on paddy's day and fcuk boston off, he just smiled and said maybe.

I'm thinking gigs will be 3-5 and 8 - 11

Will try and get tickets for both, gig - beer - gig

Gonna be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Oh hell yes

• Advertisement

Just reading the post properly

Dropkick Murphys announce their inaugural Celtic Punk Invasion Tour, hitting the US and Europe, including a pair of shows in Dublin on March 17, 2015 — marking the first time that the band will play Ireland on St Patrick’s Day. The band will perform two shows on St. Paddy’s Day, with early evening and late concerts at Dublin’s Vicar Street venue.

I'm now thinking 19:00 - 21:00 and 23:00 - 01:00

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

wasn't in one of their gigs where a load of phones were stolen??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Busy day in Vicar St and Thomas House so!

How quickly do we think it'll sell out?

Awesome!! :D:D

29Euro per ticket and ticketbastard have done it again, 9 PER PERSON....FFS :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

scudzilla wrote: »
    29Euro per ticket and ticketbastard have done it again, 9 PER PERSON....FFS :mad::mad:

Whats the problem?

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Whats the problem?

High profile gig, first time they've not played Boston on Paddy's Day, you're gonna have a few hundred yanks flying in for it, venue holds 1,000, bands guest list will prob be around 100 per gig so total capacity is now down to 1,800 for the 2 gigs.

200 (approx) yanks coming over, they'll prob have preference for tickets so that's down to 1,500 tickets on general sale, and them idiots say you can buy 9 per person, gonna be a touts wet dream

High profile gig, first time they've not played Boston on Paddy's Day, you're gonna have a few hundred yanks flying in for it, venue holds 1,000, bands guest list will prob be around 100 per gig so total capacity is now down to 1,800 for the 2 gigs.

200 (approx) yanks coming over, they'll prob have preference for tickets so that's down to 1,500 tickets on general sale, and them idiots say you can buy 9 per person, gonna be a touts wet dream

I doubt it, didn't even sell out last time. I reckon it's fine, it'll sell out but they're not big here, it won't be crazy.

nm wrote: »
    I doubt it, didn't even sell out last time. I reckon it's fine, it'll sell out but they're not big here, it won't be crazy.

It will sell out, and on Friday, of that i have no doubt.

All DKM fans in Europe will be wanting to come, they can finally see the band live on Paddy's Day , in Dublin, without paying a fortune for a transatlantic trip

Are they on sale this friday?
    My card is gonna fcukin hate me with the last week >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Yup Friday, I won't be in the country and more than likely without internet, so my friend is in charge...

She's raging she bought them Noely G tickets recently, all our cards are in pain >_<

9 tickets per person?? That's nearly a record, it's usually 6 - 8 :( And even then its cruel :mad:

Grr :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm now thinking 19:00 - 21:00 and 23:00 - 01:00

18.30 and 22.00, according to Ticketb@stard

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Touts will have a field day with this - i have been over to Boston for Paddies day 5 of the last 7 years for the week.

Hopefully will get sorted for guest pass of the guys but will be trying to keep as many tickets out of touts hands on Friday morning.

I have made the band aware of the 9 tickets per person allowed on this, probably too late for them to change it at this late stage but i know they hate scalpers/touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Not a hope they will sell out 2 shows anyway

I have made the band aware of the 9 tickets per person allowed on this, probably too late for them to change it at this late stage but i know they hate scalpers/touts.

same here, dropped a message to Al and Ken, also mailed their management.

• Advertisement

wacotaco wrote: »
    Not a hope they will sell out 2 shows anyway

Both shows will sell out within the hour, i know the market and am totally confident in this

Both shows will sell out within the hour, i know the market and am totally confident in this

I dunno, they're a load of UK dates as well, no one from there will be travelling for this.

We'll see in 3 minutes I guess.

Sorted for the earlier show

Got for both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Both here too :D

I live in Luxembourg and loads of my german mates have bought a chunk of tickets too

Both got , i finally have a reason to head into town on Paddy's Day

Both got , i finally have a reason to head into town on Paddy's Day

Aint been in Dublin for over 10 years on Paddies day and this is the only reason i will be around this year. Its a horrid day in the city. I love a drink but it just gets too outta control

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Got early show tickets. Will have work the next morning. The usual Patricks day messiness in town almost put me off, in at 6, taxi home at 10 BE GRAND.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I just got a pair of tickets for both shows

Advertisement