Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropkick Murphys 2 gigs on Paddy's Day @ Vicar Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Both shows will sell out within the hour, i know the market and am totally confident in this

don't ever listen to this poster, he's an arse and doesn't know what he's talkin about :cool:

From DKM Website

Shipping Up To Dublin
    Spend St Patrick’s Day in Ireland with Dropkick Murphys
    March 16 – 19, 2015, $1,499 per person from Boston
    Due to popular demand from our most loyal supporters, we’ve enlisted Quincy, MA based agency Cara Group Travel to offer a special experience that includes airfare from Boston to Dublin, hotel, tickets to both of our St Patrick’s Day concerts, an exclusive commemorative T-shirt and more…
    This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we’ve made sure to do this at the lowest possible cost (seriously)…
    PS: Any purchasers will get the commemorative T-shirt and a signed card from the band in time for Christmas!
    More info – Purchase Tickets
    The Base Package Includes
    Roundtrip airfare on Aer Lingus (nonstop) from Boston to Dublin on the same flight as the band!
    An acoustic performance by Dropkick Murphys on the plane and/or in the terminal (pending logistics)
    2 Nights Shared Accommodation in Dublin City at the DoubleTree Hilton on Burlington Road (note: single accommodation available for additional charge)
    Transfers to and from Dublin Airport
    Breakfast included each morning, including day of arrival
    Admission to both Dropkick Murphys Concerts on March 17th at Vicar Street
    Exclusive Dropkicks St Patrick’s Day commemorative t-shirt
    Transfers to and from the concert venue
    Cara Group Travel Representative on site

ITINERARY:
    MONDAY MARCH 16TH: Shipping out of Boston
    We meet at Logan Airport to board our 10:00p Aer Lingus flight with Dropkick Murphys to Dublin… There will be a meal (dinner) served on board and coffee for the morning.
    TUESDAY MARCH 17TH: Saint Patrick’s Day in Ireland and two live shows
    After our five hour flight, we arrive bright and early in Dublin Airport. You’ll disembark the plane, go through passport control, collect your bags and head through customs and into the arrivals area to receive a warm Irish Welcome. A Cara Group Travel Representative will be there to meet you and direct you to your coach to the hotel for a full Irish breakfast.
    Then it’s St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin. You can experience the lively, colorful and atmospheric parade that meanders its way through the streets of Dublin with people from all over the world, and/or you can “Paint the Town Black” with a visit to the Guinness Storehouse for their very lively St. Patrick’s Day Festival. Whatever you choose to do it will be a blast.
    At 5:30pm, doors open for the first of two Dropkick Murphys shows at Vicar Street Theatre… You’ll be there for both shows, the first ever Dropkick Murphys shows on St Patrick’s Day in Ireland!

WEDNESDAY MARCH 18TH: Explorin’ Dublin’s Fair City
    Today is a free day for you to recover, relax, rediscover your roots or explore the many great sights Dublin has to offer. A Cara Group Travel representative will be there available to guide you in the right direction.
    THURSDAY MARCH 19TH: Shipping back to Boston
    After a seriously unforgettable whirlwind 2 days, you’ll depart for Dublin airport for our11:30am Aer Lingus flight back to Boston.
    Motorcoach transportation to and from Dublin Airport, and to the concerts, is provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Both sold out now by the looks

Hello ******,

Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets to Dropkick Murphys with us. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding this event.

The door times for these events have changed slightly. Please find the updated times below.

Early:
    Doors 5.30pm
    Blood or Whiskey (acoustic) 6pm
    Dropkick Murphys: 6:40pm

Late:
    Doors: 9pm
    Blood or Whiskey (acoustic): 9:30pm
    Dropkick Murphys: 10:10pm

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that you enjoy the gig.

Regards
    Ticketmaster

2 days to go, gonna be class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I should really check out more songs before this gig. Looking forward to it all the same. Heading to the late show myself!

I should really check out more songs before this gig. Looking forward to it all the same. Heading to the late show myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Tickets sorted. In work till 5 so will be legging it over for the first gig, Might have a couple of cheeky scoops in the Thomas house in between. Tis paddys day afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well, that was a ****load of fun, first gig didn't seem that full and definitely had a more relaxed vibe, second gig was pure ****ing insanity though.

What happened during famous for nothing? Al looked pissed and had a word with security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Well, that was a ****load of fun, first gig didn't seem that full and definitely had a more relaxed vibe, second gig was pure ****ing insanity though.

What happened during famous for nothing? Al looked pissed and had a word with security.
    Security was abominable all night, there was a group of us trying to get a guy who couldnt stand up on his own out of the crowd, and they kept pushing him back, cant blame him for having a word with them. Great shows though I will say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First gig was awful, the crowd were mainly a bunch of day trippers who had no clue of how to mosh and the rules behind it, after less than a minute of The Boys Are Back two girls were carried out both unconscious and one covered in blood with a broken nose, I have been to 100s of gigs and have seen plenty of extreme metal bands and coped straight away how dangerous the crowd was, would of been safer watching the likes of Immortal or Morbid Angel.

The second gig was far better and a lot tamer, crowd was mainly there for the band and the set list was far better, although it was a bit off a ripoff, they only played for about 75 minutes both sets and left off about 10 from there usual 26 song set list.

I have seen them now 11 times and honestly they were hands down the worst two shows, I feel sorry for anyone who just went for the first show as it was the worst set list I have seen them do, I knew they were going recording the second show and they kept the majority of fan favorites for that, also as stated security was woeful and the usual pickpockets were out in full force again, Vicar Street is really getting a bad reputation for this.

On a last note, 3 women came over from Boston for the 2 gigs and were waiting outside the doors for 3 hours to get in first, turns out they had counterfeit tickets and were not allowed in, felt sorry for them, well till one of them spat right in the doormans face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Xenji wrote: »
    First gig was awful, the crowd were mainly a bunch of day trippers who had no clue of how to mosh and the rules behind it, after less than a minute of The Boys Are Back two girls were carried out both unconscious and one covered in blood with a broken nose, I have been to 100s of gigs and have seen plenty of extreme metal bands and coped straight away how dangerous the crowd was, would of been safer watching the likes of Immortal or Morbid Angel.

The second gig was far better and a lot tamer, crowd was mainly there for the band and the set list was far better, although it was a bit off a ripoff, they only played for about 75 minutes both sets and left off about 10 from there usual 26 song set list.

I have seen them now 11 times and honestly they were hands down the worst two shows, I feel sorry for anyone who just went for the first show as it was the worst set list I have seen them do, I knew they were going recording the second show and they kept the majority of fan favorites for that, also as stated security was woeful and the usual pickpockets were out in full force again, Vicar Street is really getting a bad reputation for this.

On a last note, 3 women came over from Boston for the 2 gigs and were waiting outside the doors for 3 hours to get in first, turns out they had counterfeit tickets and were not allowed in, felt sorry for them, well till one of them spat right in the doormans face.

How is Vicar Street in any way responsible for pickpockets?

You could just as easily argue that Dropkick Murphys fans are getting a bad reputation for pickpocketing, considering it was at the first of the two previous Dropkick Murphys gigs in Vicar Street, that pickpocketing occurred.

How is Vicar Street in any way responsible for pickpockets?

You could just as easily argue that Dropkick Murphys fans are getting a bad reputation for pickpocketing, considering it was at the first of the two previous Dropkick Murphys gigs in Vicar Street that pickpocketing occurred.

It has occurred at numerous gigs in the last two years in Vicar Street, from the likes of Children Of Bodom to The Decemberists, of course it is the venues responsibility to prevent pickpockets, they hire security, the security should do there job and it is well known that an organised gang has constantly targeted gigs at the venue and nothing seems to be done.

It has occurred at numerous gigs in the last two years in Vicar Street, from the likes of Children Of Bodom to The Decemberists, of course it is the venues responsibility to prevent pickpockets, they hire security, the security should do there job and it is well known that an organised gang has constantly targeted gigs at the venue and nothing seems to be done.

How would the security prevent pickpockets, unless there were security people standing alongside each person in attendance at the gig, watching them all the time, throughout the duration of the whole gig, following them in and out of the bar and in and out of the smoking area, toilets, etc?

The security warned people on the way in to the second Dropkick Murphys show in 2013 that pickpocketing had occurred at the first gig, and told people to mind their belongings.

How would the security prevent pickpockets, unless there were security people standing alongside each person in attendance at the gig, watching them all the time, throughout the duration of the whole gig, following them in and out of the bar and in and out of the smoking area, toilets, etc?

The security warned people on the way in to the second Dropkick Murphys show in 2013 that pickpocketing had occurred at the first gig, and told people to mind their belongings.

I agree with you it is nearly unpoliceable, and security were giving out the warning again, but there must be something that can be done, it is the same gang every time.

I agree with you it is nearly unpoliceable, and security were giving out the warning again, but there must be something that can be done, it is the same gang every time.

How can you be sure it's the same gang all the time?

I mean, if it was, they must be buying tickets for the gigs, considering, as you pointed out, that people with forged tickets were not admitted?

If it was an organised gang, with no interest in the band playing, would they go to the bother of buying tickets to a gig, especially one that sold out quickly like the Dropkick Murphys last night?

How can you be sure it's the same gang all the time?

I mean, if it was, they must be buying tickets for the gigs, considering, as you pointed out, that people with forged tickets were not admitted?

If it was an organised gang, with no interest in the band playing, would they go to the bother of buying tickets to a gig, especially one that sold out quickly like the Dropkick Murphys last night?

I have a friend who works in the bar and it is known to the owners and the police about the gang.

Last nights gig would of been a prime target, 2 sold out shows, lots of drunken concert goers, the price of a ticket is a drop in the ocean compared to people having their Iphone and bag snatched, the gig also did not sell out that quickly.

I have a friend who works in the bar and it is known to the owners and the police about the gang.

Last nights gig would of been a prime target, 2 sold out shows, lots of drunken concert goers, the price of a ticket is a drop in the ocean compared to people having their Iphone and bag snatched, the gig also did not sell out that quickly.

Are the identities of the gang known? Do the police and venue staff know what they look like?

I would imagine unless there is proof that any individual member of the gang has stolen items on a previous occasion, if they have bought tickets for a gig, how could they be prevented from entering the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Great gig, kinda awkward when I ended up on stage haha

definitely one of the roughest gigs i've been to. Similar to what an earlier poster said, I go to a lot of metal gigs and this was far rougher!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Fantastic gigs!! :D:D

And as said, plenty rougher, but then how often am I in a mosh pit with, what look like, hardcore punkers from Boston, Wales and Scotland.

I spoke to one other Irish girl :P

Overall a super enjoyable day and will be hard for St Patrick to beat it over the next few years.

If the gang of pickpockets are known, does that mean their faces are known? Can't security/ticket guys at door refuse entry?
    Hope nobody got pick pocketed :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So pickpockets are known and nothing done about it?

I was drinking in Madrid once and heard roaring and screaming. In the front porch about 3 or 4 staff members were giving some guy a wailing, he was lying on the ground trying to cover himself up. Lasted about a minute.

when it was finished they pushed him out on to the street.

I later asked one of the staff, and apparently he had been in the night before pickpcketing tourists. Now thats how you deal with the scum.

I had tickets to both gigs, but due to a bit of an emergency could only attend the first one, great gig, not the best i've seen them by far but great all the same, crowd was fine from where i was, 3ft from the front in the pit.

No Scruffy though, wonder what happened to him

Highlight of my night was when i walked outside after the gig, seen a dutch guy and an irish lad just about to pay a tout 80euro a ticket for the late show, i ducked int here and sold them mine for face value, touts face was class :D:D

Advertisement