Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards United States Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

MVP for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Goldberg. Never thought MVP was all that great really, and I'm a much bigger fan of Goldberg. Plus his reign was a stepping stone to what he'd become, whereas (like Necrominus said) MVP peaked with the US title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really enjoyed MVP as US champion but Goldberg was something else as US champ. Watch the match vs Hogan on Nitro and how over Goldberg was. It's something else.

So Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Streak continues. Goldberg is now 4 and 0 in this tournament. Can he go all the way or do all good things come to an end? Next up we find out who'll complete the semi final line-up. This one expires at 9pm.

Lance Storm
    Daniel Bryan
    Lance Storm
    John Cena
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    M . V . P.
    Goldberg
    Goldberg
    Semi Finalist 4
    Eddie Guerrero
    Rick Rude

Eddie Guerrero

Lie.Cheat.Steal

491854.jpg

Vs

Rick Rude

Simply Ravishing

Rick_Rude_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Eddie. More prolific champ

• Advertisement

I have to go with Eddie, he was over as **** when he won United States Championship back in 2003 and it was clear that Eddie will eventually win the big one down the line which would happen at No Way Out 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭colmufc

ravishing rick rude for me , played the perfect cocky champ even more so than his normal cocky self

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

When I think of titles they held.

The US championship will certainly be one at the forefront for Rude.

For Eddie I found his Euro, Tag Title, WWE and even his Intercontinetal championship reigns come to mind well before his tenure with the US belt.

Rick Rude.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eddie for me anyways

Lance Storm
    Daniel Bryan
    Lance Storm
    John Cena
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    M . V . P.
    Goldberg
    Goldberg
    Eddie Guerrero
    Eddie Guerrero
    Rick Rude

Semi Final Match 1 - Expires 8:20pm

We're now down to our final four. Semi Final matches will last 12 hours and most votes wins. Our semi finalists between them have 10 US title reigns, 3 of them have gone on to claim the richest prize in the business and one of them is a Hall of Famer. Our first pairing sees a battle of custom made championships as the Canadian Title takes on the US Spinner Belt.

Lance Storm

"And that's from Calgary...Alberta, Canada."

tumblr_m51w49hG011qzx70zo1_500.jpg

Vs

John Cena

Word Life

034.jpg

• Advertisement

I know it proably propelled cena to bigger things but for me I remember lance better as us/Canada champ , cena was the reason I stopped watching wrestling for nearly 8 years and too be honest if it were not for Dean ambrose seth rollins and nxt I'd probably stop again without punk and bryan being there so anyway I'm voting for lance storm

I enjoyed both of these runs. One guy was fuucked over by terrible booking(watch New Blood rising...if you dare) and one guy was booked properly and low and behold, he's been on top for almost 10 years now.

I really enjoyed Storm's run though. In a time when WcW was dying a death and I had all but lost interest, Storm's run was the major redeeming feature.

So Storm gets my vote.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cena. Whatever people say about his time at the top that came afterwards, it simply cannot be denied how popular Cena was at that time. The reaction to the F-U on the Big Show and pin to win the championship was exactly the moment you knew we were looking at another mega star. The spinner title, the series of 5, the battle against JBL and the cabinet. All with the US title. Storm never created anywhere near the reactions Cena was getting, hence why he peaked at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Eddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

john cena for the win brother ! enjoyed his run with the title

I must admit, I am basing the whole vote on who I just prefer throughout their entire career.

Eddie.

I must admit, I am basing the whole vote on who I just prefer throughout their entire career.

He's not in this match. It's Lance Storm vs John Cena ;)

John Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have to go for Cena. Man V man.

The Doctor of Thuganomics > Boring Captain Canada.

Lance Storm
    Daniel Bryan
    Lance Storm
    John Cena
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    John Cena
    Finalist 2
    M . V . P.
    Goldberg
    Goldberg
    Eddie Guerrero
    Eddie Guerrero
    Rick Rude

Semi Final Match 2- Expires 12 Noon

The Doctor of Thuganomics sees off the Canadian hero in a good semi final match up. He's only one more victory away from being crowned Champion of the tournament. But there's the little matter of who'll be waiting there for him...
    Goldberg

"Who's Next?!"

Champion-Goldberg-Entrance.jpg

Vs

Eddie Guerrero

Lie.Cheat.Steal

0402lrm_eddie03_z.jpg

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's not in this match. It's Lance Storm vs John Cena ;)

Eddie. ;)

Goldberg for me I never had the sence that the title meant anything by the time eddie won it , eddies career overall ya but as for this my votes for goldberg

Goldberg, for reasons already given.

His run in 1997-1998 was something special and the US title was part that. The title meant a lot more then too then when Eddie held it.

Eddie was a fine champion but he was already over well before the US title came into it. Winning the US title is when Da Man really started to get hot.

Eduardo

Goldberg for me too. Can't really add any more, it's all been said already!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Eduardo
    Eddie. ;)

Lads come on, Omack has said you need to give a reason for your vote rather then just a single word.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

While I appreciate what Eddie did as the man who brought back the title as the first champ in WWE since the invasion, once again what the title did for Goldberg and what it meant for his overall run in WCW shades it for me.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lads come on, Omack has said you need to give a reason for your vote rather then just a single word.

I've given my reasons on previous posts as to why Goldberg gets nothing from me. Eddie was far and away the better champion. Happy?

Lance Storm
    Daniel Bryan
    Lance Storm
    John Cena
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    John Cena
    Goldberg
    M . V . P.
    Goldberg
    Goldberg
    Eddie Guerrero
    Eddie Guerrero
    Rick Rude

PW BOARDS UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINAL
    24 Hour Time Limit- Expires 2pm

And so it boils down to this. One of the WWE greats vs one of the WCW greats. 2 nailed on Hall of Famers. Both men have something more specific in common, they got their kickstart to undeniable superstardom by winning the United States Championship. Only one can be deemed the best, however, and it's down to all of you who have voted thus far to decide. Will it be The Man or The Doctor? I've included their original themes to give you a reminder of what they were all about at the specific time they were US Champion. ITS ON!!!

John Cena

The Doctor of Thuganomics

034.jpg

Vs

Goldberg

"Who's Next?!"

Champion-Goldberg-Entrance.jpg

• Advertisement

A worthy final imo, and a tough one to call. After all of my soliloquays for Cena throughout this tournament it would be a strange one if I changed it now.
    John Cena for me, for all the reasons that have been stated throughout the competition.

Advertisement