Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"free eFibre upgrade when it arrives in your area"

Options
  • 20-10-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi,

From looking at my efiber router DSL settings page, the router reports a net attainable speed of 100Mbps. But my line appears to be restricted to 50Mbps, at best( ie middle of the night).

I am havng problems with youtube, and other online video streaming sites, where the video is bufferng alot. surely this should not be happening on a 50Mbps uncongested line?

Going by the statement on eircoms webpage, see below, im wondering if i can get my account bumped up to the 100Mbps connection to see if that resolves my video buffering.

eFibre, superfast broadband delivers speeds of up to 100Mb. eFibre is being rolled out around Ireland, if it is not currently available in your area you can avail of our uncongested broadband and as an eircom customer you will get a free eFibre upgrade when it arrives in your area.

Regards,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    Bump!
    Hi stezie

I can see that your line may be able to hold faster speeds however as it's efibre I will be unable to arrange this and direct contact will need to be made to efibre technical support on either 1890260260 or via webchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

You're right buffering on a 50MB connection is odd however the best advice I can offer is to also raise this with efibre technical support.

Thanks

Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

i read online that the efibre in my area is in the planning stage, what does this mean? and is there a certain distance you have to be from your telephone exchange?

tripperman wrote: »
    i read online that the efibre in my area is in the planning stage, what does this mean? and is there a certain distance you have to be from your telephone exchange?
    Hi tripperman

No, your address needs to be in range of a VDSL (fibre) cabinet by 2KM. Not all lines in range will qualify but most will. Planning stage means the plans are being drawn up where to place the cabinets in the your greater area eg areas currently served by the existing exchange.

Thanks
    Al

Hi tripperman

No, your address needs to be in range of a VDSL (fibre) cabinet by 2KM. Not all lines in range will qualify but most will. Planning stage means the plans are being drawn up where to place the cabinets in the your greater area eg areas currently served by the existing exchange.

Thanks
    Al

ah so were out, were around 3 and half miles away so from exchange

• Advertisement

Hi tripperman

Thanks
    Al

ah so were out, were around 3 and half miles away so from exchange
    Not necessarily tripperman - It the distance from the cabinet that counts and there will be a few commissioned in the areas currently served by the exchange - until launch I will be unable to give you a better indication but get back to me in December and hopefully I'll be able to offer you better news

Thanks
    Al

Not necessarily tripperman - It the distance from the cabinet that counts and there will be a few commissioned in the areas currently served by the exchange - until launch I will be unable to give you a better indication but get back to me in December and hopefully I'll be able to offer you better news

Thanks
    Al

thanks very much will do

Thanks
    Al

thanks very much will do
    No bother tripperman :)

Al

Advertisement