Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Team Picks

Options
  • 20-10-2014 7:32pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There will be 2 leagues based on the numbers from the signup thread.

First step - read the rules below!

- If you missed that then you will have to wait till next season, it was there long enough so please don't post asking to join.

For those of you who didn't play in the leagues before run by myself and Mr Moon the process is as follows.

- I will send a pm to 3 people when it is their turn to pick.

- Each person replies to me by pm with 3 team choices (the reason being if the person before you picks a team you were going for I need to know your other choice).

- I will update the thread with the teams that are gone after each round of 3 people get back to me.

- I am giving people 24 hours to get back to me, no longer. If you don't get back in 24 hours then I move on and your place is gone, you wont be added back in at the end.

- If you fail to follow the simple rules and don't give me 3 teams and your choice is gone already then I will also just skip you and your place is gone, you are out of the league and you will have to wait till next season.

In terms of the league setup - FIFA seems to have left it out again this year so we will be running the games manually based on the fixtures we put up. Again when it omes to fixtures you play the games you are due to play, you dont skip ahead and you try not to fall behind. There will be more on that once the team selection process is over.

As regards team picks - standard club teams - no international teams etc

They can be from any league, you arent restricted to the premiership or the championship. Those names are just for us to keep track of the fixtures and results etc.

There can only be one of any team in a league. The 2 leagues are independant so you can have a Man United in the Premiership and also someone can pick Man United in the Championship. But there can only be one in each league.

At the end of the season the bottom 3 in the top league will get relegated and the top 3 in the second promoted.

No chat in thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I have taken the first 20 names for the Premiership and the second 20 for the Championship and put them into a random order generator.

The result is teams 20 through to 1 in each league.

20 being first to pick, 1 being last.

Premiership_zps990cc622.jpg

Championship_zpse15cbeb3.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Premiership

DONE

Championship

DUE TO PICK

DONE

Premiership
    Cjayses - Real Madrid
    Axwell - Chelsea
    Corcaigh07 - dropped out
    steirishrover - Bayern Munich
    Capajoma - Man City
    Mr Moon - Barcelona
    Parawind -
    PSG
    Ruffhausen - missed deadline - skipped
    Moat_Cailin - missed deadline - skipped
    pittsburg - Dortmund