Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHCP Query. Home network

Options
  • 20-10-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, I recently upgraded to e-fibre from the standard aDSL connection and have been having trouble with my wired home network ever since. 

Network set up as follows.
    F1000 Router connected via ethernet to the following:
    PC running Win7 Ultimate
    TP-Link Homeplug 500Mbps

I have a Smart TV and A blue ray player both connected via home plugs in other areas of the house.

The HomePlugs are paired to each other. 

There are a number of phones, an I-pad and a win7 laptop that all connect wirelessly without issue.

I am having issues as the PC and or Smart TV drops the connection on a regular basis, at least once a day. This moring it only resolves when i reset the modem and then its gone again within 5 minutes. 

I have tried manually assigning IP's to all the Devices (mac addresses) through the Static DHCP area of the router interface and thought i had it sorted out but once again its dropped off and looks like i'm back to square 1. I called BB support this morning and got the impression that the agent wasn't to familiar with this scenario and was ultimately unable to help out. 

Can anyone here advise on steps to take? All I want is a stable internet connection that does not require the resetting of my router every hour.. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 thebutlerdidit

4 Days no response - thats a pretty poor show lads

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

I am have the same issue also but plus speed issues. Have a look at my thread here to see the hilarity which is provided. 

Eircom reps here are just pretty faces if you get what I mean. 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're homeplugs are probably losing the link/reducing to nonexistent speeds. You need to research how to improve dlan reception. If they're on gang leads or different ring mains they may not work well.

Advertisement