Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat(s) in my attic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

When you stuff the holes with either cement or foam, i would suggest putting some steel wool or broken glass into the mix. It is not as much fun to chew through.

If it is an attic and the holes are fairly small, a mess-free way of doing this is to stuff the holes with steel wool (which you can buy cheaply in any hardware store). You might want to wear gloves while you are doing the stuffing because the steel wool is an irritant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya +1 on covering water tank in attic. pest control put down poison and solved our rat problem.... or so we thought, we'd been showering in rat stew for weeks.

I heard about using UV light to show up urine trail to trace their exit points !! peeseekery is the correct term.

Also heat imaging for heat leaks from outside might work but expensive.

Traps and block holes (look under decking) basically.

Neighbours leaving out food for dog.
    Open compost heap is an beacon. have a look for droppings in there.

I did some research on the high pitch frequency emitters and couldn't find any science to support it (maybe this has changed and people do swear by it). Then again if you danced naked in the full moon you might notice there's no rat problem happening.

let us know how you get on. I think Im hearing a little rustle again these days so its trap city in my gaffe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya +1 on covering water tank in attic. pest control put down poison and solved our rat problem.... or so we thought, we'd been showering in rat stew for weeks.

I heard about using UV light to show up urine trail to trace their exit points !! peeseekery is the correct term.

Also heat imaging for heat leaks from outside might work but expensive.

Traps and block holes (look under decking) basically.

Neighbours leaving out food for dog.
    Open compost heap is an beacon. have a look for droppings in there.

I did some research on the high pitch frequency emitters and couldn't find any science to support it (maybe this has changed and people do swear by it). Then again if you danced naked in the full moon you might notice there's no rat problem happening.

let us know how you get on. I think Im hearing a little rustle again these days so its trap city in my gaffe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClareGal2015

ted1 wrote: »
    The pest control guy should have done more than lay bait.

Any time I have used them
    They paid several visits to ensure they were gone and also more importantly identified the access points that they are using so that they can be blocked up so that they won't return.

Has anybody hired Pest.ie, Pest Patrol, Pest-A-Tac, Rentokil or Zero Pest Control?

Really hoping somebody has had experience with a pest control company and can recommend one. Any info would be greatly appreciated- a.s.a.p. please.

Advertisement