Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky dish repair

Options
  • 20-10-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Is there any one in carlow area who repairs satellite dishes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Don't know of anyone personally but you could probably try the likes of Adverts or DoneDeal.

Or ring up Sky themselves and ask for them to install a new one.

Not sure of the cost but I'm sure if you sign up to a 12 month agreement they'd probably install for free or discounted.

See what others say here and then maybe ring Sky and ask them?

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It may not be worth repairing when you can pick up a brand new one for €25. If you have an old Mk3 LNB you might need to spend another €2 - €3 for an adaptor to fit the newer Mk4 dish.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/satellite-dishes/sky-satellite-dishes.html
    http://www.satworld.ie/satellite-dishes-and-lnbs/sky-freesat-satellite-dishes.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If you have an older sky dish I would definitely try getting it repaired as it will last a lot longer than any of their new dishes. The newer dishes are poor quality and the brackets are miserable because they put less metal into them. They are working on getting it so it lasts only one year then the warrenty is up and any repair has to be paid for. Keep your old dishes and as said check adverts for someone to sort it but be prepared to be offered all kinds of extra connection and services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Thank you everyone replying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

My old man cancelled Sky some years ago because he had to pay for a dish (probably just the LNB) to be repaired. I'll never forget the conversation "i pay 50quid a month to watch the telly not go up on the roof to play with the dish and break the f@*ing thing".

I know a few guys locally who might be able to help if you get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Got the quad lnb replaced cost 140 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

ganger wrote: »
    Got the quad lnb replaced cost 140 euros

That was rather pricey to just get an lab replaced as they are about 20euro or so to buy.

Advertisement