Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Catering Pets Allowed Connemara

• 20-10-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know a nice fairly cheap self catering cottage in Connemara that will accept pets? I thought there was a post about something similiar but cant find it.

I just want somewhere that accepts dogs and doesnt insist on weeklong rental

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is Oughterard Connemara enough for you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

DBB wrote: »
    Is Oughterard Connemara enough for you? :)

Thanks but no I wanted to go a bit nearer to Clifden, Roundstone etc. I live in East Galway and work in Galway city so dont want to be too close to home but also dont want to have too long a drive home so thinking Clifden general area would be perfect!

But sure post up it might suit someone else in future? And if I dont find somewhere else it might do me :p

It was only after I posted that I thought Oughterard would be too close to you alright!
    http://www.discoverireland.ie/Where-To-Stay/the-white-cottage/58250
    For future reference, here's a spot I stayed a few years ago. The house is lovely, but the garden and views are just beautiful... Lough Corrib is literally in your back garden. The house is accessed by a long-ish drive from a quiet road, along which are nice walks along the shores of the lake.
    The owners don't seem to stick rigidly to timetables, and I don't remember it being all that expensive. My 3 dogs had a great time there :)

Oh! I also used to stay in converted-barn self-catering in Cleggan, many moons ago. We used to bring our dog with us way back then, when people didn't bring their dogs on holidays!
    http://www.clegganfarmcottages.com/home.aspx

I see they still allow dogs, and if I remember correctly a couple of the cottages had secure gardens for dogs rather than you having to bring them out on lead (it is a sheep farm, so you've got to be careful).
    Now, I'm warning you, these houses are pretty basic, but the walks all around are just amazing, I have nothing but rosy childhood memories of the place, we went back there year after year and we just loved it :)

Advertisement