Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with difficult/mean colleagues

Options
  • 20-10-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

I saw this article in the Times today, link here, on difficult people, how to deal with mean colleagues. I think the article is a little misleading as the first point is understand why and stroke their ego.

I have to say that I was expecting more fighting fire with fire and not being walked over. It is an American author so there is a cultural difference.

This got me thinking, what are your stock in trade answers/replies to your boss/colleague that indicate that you are not going to be rolled over?

I always like the neutral response on that's interesting, which is neither negative or positive.

So what's your work place tactics to overcome office pigs?

Advertisement