Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does this show actually get good?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Getting very close to ditching/abandoning TWD :eek::(:eek::(

Was a big fan of the first few series….(yes..even the Farm Series)...enjoyed it right up to end of the Prison/Governor story arc.

But it’s fallen off a cliff since then imho.

Very very grim and depressing, no end in sight, regurgitated plots, everyone turning into psychos.

The Morgan origin-story episode is of the most pointless depressing episodes of anything I’ve ever sat through

I'll probably grimly stick with it in fairness after having come this far....would hate to miss it if it did actually get good again ;)

Also the worst counter arguement

Its like people come on these threads to dismantle an episode bit by bit , TV show in itself is an escape from reality , Yes theres going to be inaccuracies, mistakes, continuity errors etc people are 100% expecting to be picture perfect from there point of view thing is every one's point of view is different

Lets for argument sake take a few episodes this season the Morgan one lot of people said it was boring and it was **** , these were probably the same people when morgan appeared wearing all this mad get up and carrying a stick wondered what the **** he was upto ....well now you know

I think alot of people are used to shows like CSI and the like were all the episodes are contained more or less but the walking dead when watched as a series (the story) is 100% solid

Any one who's ever written a script or even gotten a short movie made will appreciate the walking dead and its rival game of thrones even more as they know the proper formula for making these things there not meant to be a quick fix , yes the 1st 3 episodes were massive but they were markers for the rest of the series to work 2 reasons why this is 1st off budget some people joke that they can't afford to pay every actor to be in each episode , thats probably not far off the mark and 2 laying the ground work of the characters , like for instance if Deana now dies in the last two episodes i might be a bit pissed off because they really showed her downfall and her recovery really well in episode 5

Whats the worst counter argument?

"If it's so bad, don't watch" is the argumentative equivalent of sticking your head in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

"When does this show actually get good ?"
    Valentines day 2016 :D

(personally I always loved it but Valentines blew up my tiny friggin' mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thought season one was crap.

Season two was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

noodler wrote: »
    Thought season one was crap.

Season two was brilliant.

Oohhh! Controversial :-0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 teddykrueger

Loved season one! I was over in the States for a few months at the time and they showed the entire first season over the course of 5 nights. Great viewing!

Also, loved season 2 and 3 (for the most part).

I did lose intrerest in season 4 a bit, but 5 and 6 so far have been excellent.

Enjoyed reading the thread, though I'll never understand how a comic can be better than a TV show. Surely it's down to which ever medium you prefer to consume that makes it more enjoyable? I digress.

I liked Wibbs' post on the history of the 'Utopia'. Spot on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Been rewatching it from the beginning (so s6 will make more sense) and imo 2 and 3 are the highlights, 4 and 5 were boring (I didn't even finish 5, lost interest!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How people didn't like season two is beyond me.

It was sharp, focused and had a couple of brilliant revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

All the scenes to do with finding Terminus, and Terminus itself were terrible.
    Everything to do with Grady Memorial Hospital was appalling. From the story line right through to the acting. That's when I stopped watching.
    Happened across episode ten of season six on the TV a while back and watched. Glad that the show had improved drastically and I'm back watching it every week now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

On episode 4 of season 6 now. I can;t help but react out loud every time a walker "sneaks" up on someone, usually in the woods.
    Nevermind they shuffle and make noise. FFS.

I picture them like this:

By9LuW-CEAERZeL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I stopped watching after season five I loved the first four seasons but season 5 I couldn't like.. Now I wondering does it improve? Should I just pick it up again now that rte are showing season 6? I used to really enjoy it but season 5 bored me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Gal44 wrote: »
    I stopped watching after season five I loved the first four seasons but season 5 I couldn't like.. Now I wondering does it improve? Should I just pick it up again now that rte are showing season 6? I used to really enjoy it but season 5 bored me!

Its all your own perception. Every season, episode has it's lulls but this question of "when does it get good again" is pointless, as the response will always be subjective.

Saying that if you did need to be somewhat reassured, MOST perceive S5 to be the least memorable and it had some annoying plot arcs which didn't serve much but to tie up loose ends and provide a means to an end to the next few seasons at Alexandria. Being honest, if you got through Season 5 and it bored you rather than turned you completely off, trust me it can only get better for you in Season 6 and the overall sypnosis of this season and the next season's prospects is extremely positive, devoted fan or not.

Season 6 sees a more stable environment in term of setting and episode fluidity) whilst S5 felt like it just was a series of "individual" episodes tying up a couple of loose ends, adding a few characters, killing a few off and didnt flow from one episode to the next as they were on the road so much and it was really a case of the show being in limbo between The Prison and Terminus and Alexandria. In a way it served its purpose, albeit at the expense of losing a percentage of viewers in the interim.

Some memorable moments in S5 but it just didnt feel like a story, more like a series of episodes, best way I can put it, in simplistic fashion which served to lack suspense or epicness at times. It also didnt have any real epic villainry, nor a huge force to be reckoned with. The cannibals were a real let down and more freaks than forces to be reckoned with.

I definitely urge you to watch Season 6. Even just catch up with the latter half if you have no other access which is currently airing on RTE 2 on Tuesday nights and there are roughly 6 episodes left. The second half is very fast paced compared to the first half and you will definitely, I feel, will be invigorated again. And you wont have to endure the awful dumpster cr*pology!! There is a bit of a homely feel to it, some said it was soapish at times due to the setting but the living in the wild has seen its day for now and its just a natural step forward for a post apocalyptic world to find its feet somewhat as inhabitants try to find their feet and become more accustomed to the environment and danfgers.

As a comic fan, TRUST me, Season 7 has potential to be best season yet. No exaggeration.

So yeah, it is worth getting into and it has, putting myself into your shoes, with a high degree of confidence, improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Its all your own perception. Every season, episode has it's lulls but this question of "when does it get good again" is pointless, as the response will always be subjective.

Saying that if you did need to be somewhat reassured, MOST perceive S5 to be the least memorable and it had some annoying plot arcs which didn't serve much but to tie up loose ends and provide a means to an end to the next few seasons at Alexandria. Being honest, if you got through Season 5 and it bored you rather than turned you completely off, trust me it can only get better for you in Season 6 and the overall sypnosis of this season and the next season's prospects is extremely positive, devoted fan or not.

Season 6 sees a more stable environment in term of setting and episode fluidity) whilst S5 felt like it just was a series of "individual" episodes tying up a couple of loose ends, adding a few characters, killing a few off and didnt flow from one episode to the next as they were on the road so much and it was really a case of the show being in limbo between The Prison and Terminus and Alexandria. In a way it served its purpose, albeit at the expense of losing a percentage of viewers in the interim.

Some memorable moments in S5 but it just didnt feel like a story, more like a series of episodes, best way I can put it, in simplistic fashion which served to lack suspense or epicness at times. It also didnt have any real epic villainry, nor a huge force to be reckoned with. The cannibals were a real let down and more freaks than forces to be reckoned with.

I definitely urge you to watch Season 6. Even just catch up with the latter half if you have no other access which is currently airing on RTE 2 on Tuesday nights and there are roughly 6 episodes left. The second half is very fast paced compared to the first half and you will definitely, I feel, will be invigorated again. And you wont have to endure the awful dumpster cr*pology!! There is a bit of a homely feel to it, some said it was soapish at times due to the setting but the living in the wild has seen its day for now and its just a natural step forward for a post apocalyptic world to find its feet somewhat as inhabitants try to find their feet and become more accustomed to the environment and danfgers.

As a comic fan, TRUST me, Season 7 has potential to be best season yet. No exaggeration.

So yeah, it is worth getting into and it has, putting myself into your shoes, with a high degree of confidence, improved.

Brilliant thanks so much for your post! :)

Advertisement