Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zillah wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Argos Gaming Desk?

https://i.imgur.com/tziqzZ8.jpg

I think it would suit me very well as long as I can pull off that awful extra platform at the top. Anyone know, or is it glued on or something? I don't mind if it leaves some holes where pegs were.

It looks very flimsy. How much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

120. I don't think it looks flimsy? You might be underestimating its size - it's a pretty big desk.

Link

Do you have any other suggestions? I've had a google and the options are few. Amazon seems to be full of cowboys. Ikea has nothing suitable.

120. I don't think it looks flimsy? You might be underestimating its size - it's a pretty big desk.

Link

Do you have any other suggestions? I've had a google and the options are few. Amazon seems to be full of cowboys. Ikea has nothing suitable.

The shelves and legs don't look the thickest is all. Could you get a counter top from Ikea and two lockers or something?

Actually I take it back, some of the Ikea options aren't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Does anyone have the Argos Gaming Desk?

https://i.imgur.com/tziqzZ8.jpg

I think it would suit me very well as long as I can pull off that awful extra platform at the top. Anyone know, or is it glued on or something? I don't mind if it leaves some holes where pegs were.

I imagine it is a flat pack so it would just be a case of not fitting it in the first place

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I use this beast. 4 monitors set up on it atm

I have something similar

I use this beast. 4 monitors set up on it atm

I think those bars at my feet would drive me insane.

I'm considering [url=https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/alex-linnmon-table-black-brown-grey-spr-29047257/
    ]this.[/url]

It's a super generous 200mm, meaning I could lie on it without my toes sticking off. I've also ordered a pair of these, which I am excited about, as my current desk is a little shallow so the normal stands take up quite a bit of the surface.

And to round off my shopping spree I have ordered a 32" 4k monitor.
    Skerries wrote: »
    I have something similar

That's actually quite slick looking. The surface seems a bit narrow, though; is it? All of the suggested items on that page have sent me down a rabbit hole, too.

I think those bars at my feet would drive me insane.

I'm considering [url=https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/alex-linnmon-table-black-brown-grey-spr-29047257/
    ]this.[/url]

It's a super generous 200mm, meaning I could lie on it without my toes sticking off. I've also ordered a pair of these, which I am excited about, as my current desk is a little shallow so the normal stands take up quite a bit of the surface.

And to round off my shopping spree I have ordered a 32" 4k monitor.

That's actually quite slick looking. The surface seems a bit narrow, though; is it? All of the suggested items on that page have sent me down a rabbit hole, too.

I think that Limmon top is prone to sagging. I've the same lockers though and they are great. Loads of storage and look good as well.

They're forcing me to take an extra leg for the middle so I guess they took that into account? And the lockers at the sides should help stabilise. Anyway, I'll be putting the monitors on clamp arms, which should help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have this. Solid AF. Have my gaming PC underneath but loads of room up top for my 28" monitor and work laptop.

I'd love a corner desk like above but room is too narrow.

I was worried about that before I bought one but no there is good depth to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Has anyone set up a playstation DS3 controller for use on the PC with bluetooth?
    I bought one for my retro gaming. I was informed about ScpToolkit and I got an extra bluetooth dongle because Scp takes exclusive control over the device.

So I did a fresh install of Scp today for the new dongle and my old bluetooth appears to be off. I want my original bluetooth device for use with a keyboard and headset. Is there anything I can do to get my original bluetooth working again alongside the ds3 one?

Skerries wrote: »
    I was worried about that before I bought one but no there is good depth to it

Could you do me a huge favour and measure how deep it is? Amazon gives the other dimensions but not that one. I seriously like how this desk looks but the pictures really make it look narrow.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind, second picture shows 50cm, which is fairly narrow: current desk is 52cm and feels a little tight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got IKEA malm with roll out corner table. It's 650 deep, and if you wanted you get 2 of the plain ones and have them side by side. Screw in a few L brackets.

Only thing is while the roll out is usable with monitor arm clamp, the main desk would need a small hole drilled.

Could you do me a huge favour and measure how deep it is? Amazon gives the other dimensions but not that one. I seriously like how this desk looks but the pictures really make it look narrow.

I checked and it is 50 deep but I don't know what your set up will be as I sit into the middle so I have the speaker Bass unit behind the 34" with rounded base ultrawide and then the keyboard in front coming in at 90.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've got the IKEA Malm as well, with the pull out corner table. I love it, and there's just enough space under there to put some cables (though it's not a proper cable management system).

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/malm-desk-with-pull-out-panel-oak-veneer-art-00214181/

After Starpoint Gemini Warlords was one of my favourite games of last year, i'm delighted to see a sequel is due out this year.

Don't mind the awful trailer...it if's like the 2nd one, it should be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-review/

So Anthem is garbage.

Who could've predicted this!?

I've no small amount of schadenfreude for Bioware as they hop from running Mass Effect into the dirt into one disaster after another.

I hope the new Dragon Age game is crap and the company is left to die.

• Advertisement

Why would you hope they die :(

I played a bit of the beta. I don't get the genre MMO PVE genre. I've only played anthem and destiny 2. Combat is awful in both. Guns feel like nerf guns. Story is difficult to take in during a multiplayer game.

Why would you hope they die :(.

Sheer spite.

Gbear wrote: »
    So Anthem is garbage.

It's really not. It has some major flaws, but the gameplay itself is quite enjoyable. Looks amazing, and runs pretty well too. Story is meh, and the ui is ****e, but it's not a 5/10 game imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Why would you hope they die :(

I played a bit of the beta. I don't get the genre MMO PVE genre. I've only played anthem and destiny 2. Combat is awful in both. Guns feel like nerf guns. Story is difficult to take in during a multiplayer game.

Haven't gone back to it in a while but Warframe is pretty good

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-review/

I hope the new Dragon Age game is crap and the company is left to die.

no!, I like these games

Kiith wrote: »
    It's really not. It has some major flaws, but the gameplay itself is quite enjoyable. Looks amazing, and runs pretty well too. Story is meh, and the ui is ****e, but it's not a 5/10 game imo.

I haven't played it and maybe my opinions on this kind of game aren't worth listening to if you like MMOs or most service-based games... I think they're basically a con.

However, even Crate and Crowbar are sticking the boot in and they're almost cloyingly positive towards everything. Chris Thursten actually refunded it.

And it's not like they're not a fan of the genre. They're huge fans of multiplayer and MMO shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I haven't played it and maybe my opinions on this kind of game aren't worth listening to if you like MMOs or most service-based games... I think they're basically a con.

However, even Crate and Crowbar are sticking the boot in and they're almost cloyingly positive towards everything. Chris Thursten actually refunded it.

And it's not like they're not a fan of the genre. They're huge fans of multiplayer and MMO shooters.

The vast majority of reviewers are mis-informed about this game and actually dont even understand the core concept of the game effectively playing the game wrong and thinking its a game that it actually is not nor was ever intended to be.

This guy explains it better than i could ever do :)

More hints that Halo MCC will be released on the pc soonish.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wireless Logitech G502 teased

Dcully wrote: »
    The vast majority of reviewers are mis-informed about this game and actually dont even understand the core concept of the game effectively playing the game wrong and thinking its a game that it actually is not nor was ever intended to be.

This guy explains it better than i could ever do :)

Missing content:

8ynbe8wonck21.jpg

Think you've your fanboy goggles on a bit tight there ;)

I like the G502 but i absolutely detest the scroll wheel.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wireless Logitech G502 teased

Missing content:

8ynbe8wonck21.jpg

Think you've your fanboy goggles on a bit tight there ;)

Why? because i linked a video from someone who actually knows what he is talking about and points out the deeply flawed reviewers and misinformed?

Not a fanboy at all, ive done nothing but criticize the glaring issues, what may seem to you is me defending the game is infact me trying to highlight misinformed idiots reviewing a game without knowing what the game is about and getting nowhere near endgame.

As for the missing content image missing content has nothing to do with fools reviewing or forming an opinion about a game designed around the its endgame while not even getting near endgame.

To be clear im no fanboy of this game i enjoy it for what it is ie an endgame loop grind,ive actually cancelled origin access i subbed for the month to try it as it has no long lasting appeal for now atleast so yeah i must be a fanboy.
    As ive said i do have an issue with idiots who never played the game or endgame judging it however and think linking a click bait video is the last word.

Did you watch the video i linked?

• Advertisement

I like the G502 but i absolutely detest the scroll wheel.

Same , i bought one during black friday as it was very cheap.
    Used it for 3 days and while it was ok i hated the scroll wheel, i went back to the final mouse so i have the G502 boxed up and ready as a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Still using my old Logitech MX518. What a mouse. No idea what ill get when it dies.

Glebee wrote: »
    Still using my old Logitech MX518. What a mouse. No idea what ill get when it dies.

They just re-released it with the new HERO sensor.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/gaming-mice/mx518-gaming-mouse.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really should learn not to buy capcom games as they are awful with their PC ports

Imagine in this day of age no 21:9 support for Devil May Cr 5.

Lucky I bought from steam, so right away ill be getting a refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I enjoyed some of the Silent Hunter series, so I'll up periscope (ooooh matron) and keep an eye on this new sub sim coming to Steam early access.

Headshot wrote: »
    I really should learn not to buy capcom games as they are awful with their PC ports

Imagine in this day of age no 21:9 support for Devil May Cr 5.

Lucky I bought from steam, so right away ill be getting a refund

To be fair to developers (not just Capcom), 21:9 makes up 1.45% of Steam users (primary display).
    There are more gamers on 4K as there are for both UW combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Chicken and egg situation just like a lot of Steam Survey results. Is there no support because there's no users? Or no users because there's no support? Either way, not really any excuse for massive publishers not to have such basic feature support.

21:9 is the future, embrace it people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Glebee wrote: »

I bought a 518 in 2008 and used it till recently enough, eventually, the left click stopped springing back as sprightly as I needed it to. What a mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

errlloyd wrote: »
    I bought a 518 in 2008 and used it till recently enough, eventually, the left click stopped springing back as sprightly as I needed it to. What a mouse.

I actually cant think of a time when I did not have my 518....
    I defo bought it when WOW was originally released and that was around 2005 when I picked it up. Still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Will apparently be announced today. Image below suggests Reach is being added to the MCC, and i'd assume they'll also include a pc release (possibly Windows 10 at the top right of that image).

Or it's fake and nothing is happening.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1105466843601481728

Will apparently be announced today. Image below suggests Reach is being added to the MCC, and i'd assume they'll also include a pc release (possibly Windows 10 at the top right of that image).

Or it's fake and nothing is happening.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1105466843601481728

There's some Xbox stream tonight at 9 so might be announcing something Halo related.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Reach is being added from what i can see, the real question for us is whether it will also be on the PC.

If it's not, **** Microsoft :P

It's pretty much guaranteed that Reach is being added from what i can see, the real question for us is whether it will also be on the PC.

If it's not, **** Microsoft :P

MCC just announced for PC and will be available from Steam.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1105576974120939520?s=19

Edit: full graphics options as well I think.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Steam support too, fantastic news.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Steam support too, fantastic news.

Can't wait to buy it and admire it in my Library :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cool. Just need Rare Replay and any reason for getting a Xbox One is gone.

Also I still have to actually buy this and Sunset Overdrive

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sunset Overdrive

Ah here, cop on to yourself and give it a blast pronto :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh I plan to. Will see in the next sale.

Although....
    https://www.amazon.com/Sunset-Overdrive-PC/dp/B07KFQXS25

Advertisement