Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Comments

I don't think you need an account. I've never made one afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I uploaded it, and it made like a facebook fecking post. I can i get direct links for Photos so I can link them in Forums [IMG]stuff? NVM sorted. :D[/img]

Okay, I uploaded it, and it made like a facebook fecking post. I can i get direct links for Photos so I can link them in Forums stuff?

What I do:

Go to https://imgur.com/

Click "new post" at the top left

Drop image to upload

Then open the newly uploaded image in a new tab (right click on it to get context menu)

Now you have a direct link to the image which can be uploaded with tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What I do:

Go to https://imgur.com/

Click "new post" at the top left

Drop image to upload

Then open the newly uploaded image in a new tab (right click on it to get context menu)

Now you have a direct link to the image which can be uploaded with tags

Cheers. Got it sorted. And already posted here on boards.ie :D Nice to be back to PC gaming again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement

Steam getting library update on 17th

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Skerries wrote: »
    Steam getting library update on 17th

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110

Sure it's only take 10 years.

fc1hfkxityk31.jpg

no idea why PC users would need tissues ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone remember Cube World?

Well its coming back for a release on steam september 30th. Thought that ship had sailed a long time ago.

Supposedly everyone who bought the game should recieve a key,be interesting to see if its followed through on.

EDIT: Had a look,if you bought the game previously:

1. Got to picroma.com
    2. Log in with your old account credentials
    3. Go to My Games (Top right)
    4. Select Steam key at the bottom
    5. Activate on Steam

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Missed this, i just started a thread about it :( fun game :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone tried PSNow on the PC? I see that God of War and Uncharted 4 are now on it, and i'd love to play them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone tried PSNow on the PC? I see that God of War and Uncharted 4 are now on it, and i'd love to play them both.

Was going to do the trial a while ago but completely forgot about it. maybe some day ill try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Kiith wrote: »

Never even heard about this but if RDR2 is on it I'll buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hey lads.
    Just got a three month pass for XBox Pass for PC when I bought a new AMD CPU.
    Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If you're into cars, Forza Horizon 4 should be your first stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hey lads.
    Just got a three month pass for XBox Pass for PC when I bought a new AMD CPU.
    Any recommendations?

GOW5
    State of Decay 2
    Forza
    Sea of Theives

Should keep you busy, all are best playing in some form of Coop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GOW 4 before 5 as the story follows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

OSI wrote: »

That's my December sorted.:)
    I wonder will the keys on the key sites be for steam or epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Remouad wrote: »
    That's my December sorted.:)
    I wonder will the keys on the key sites be for steam or epic.

probably be their own store they launched recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So signed on for Humble Monthly for the Battletech last week and thats consumed my life. As have the laborious loading times

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    So signed on for Humble Monthly for the Battletech last week and thats consumed my life. As have the laborious loading times

The one month I miss.... raging. I think I'd love that game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, the loading times are a bit pants, might want to transfer it over to my SSD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Overheal wrote: »

Won't help with the load times, but in case you missed it, there's options to speed up the animations somewhere in the settings.
    They look good, but the 5000th time you watch a mech trudge through a forest you realise how much time they're adding to battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Any recommendations for a decent desk chair, with comfortable / height adjustable arm rests?

Any recommendations for a decent desk chair, with comfortable / height adjustable arm rests?

I have one of these. Nice chair.

https://www.gtomega.co.uk/collections/chairs/products/pro-series?variant=20041543942232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Like the arm rests very close to the edge of the front of the seat. Looking at the one's on amazon they don't look well made, are the legs steel or plastic on that one?

They are aluminium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MOH wrote: »
    Won't help with the load times, but in case you missed it, there's options to speed up the animations somewhere in the settings.
    They look good, but the 5000th time you watch a mech trudge through a forest you realise how much time they're adding to battles.

Definitely felt my life wasting away though as it happened. Actually useful since I've been disassociating lately :pac:

Messing around with Skyrim SE mods and ENBs,it is so time consuming!

Could spend hours just deciding on mods,then the load order has to be perfected which can take awhile,then once you get in game the endless tweaking starts with mod and ENB settings. Just cannot get the DOF to look right:p

Ive probably spent 6 hrs faffing around and have yet to actually start the game proper:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

EoinHef wrote: »
    Messing around with Skyrim SE mods and ENBs,it is so time consuming!

Could spend hours just deciding on mods,then the load order has to be perfected which can take awhile,then once you get in game the endless tweaking starts with mod and ENB settings. Just cannot get the DOF to look right:p

Ive probably spent 6 hrs faffing around and have yet to actually start the game proper:o
    I had 100 odd hours on oldrim. About 40 of those were from testing and retesting mods :pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I had 100 odd hours on oldrim. About 40 of those were from testing and retesting mods :pac:

The setup i have is absolutely killing fps,as low as 30 on a 1080 at 1440P:(

I may have went a bit overboard considering i put an ENB over the top of all the mods,currently have 128 installed not including the stuff thats gone straight into the games main folder:P

I may actually just start again from scratch and chalk the current one to a learning experience,maybe lose the ENB,great for screenshots but i actually wanna play the game:pac:

Pity locking to 30fps isnt available,its the frame drops that are killing the experience,i could deal with a locked 30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

EoinHef wrote: »
    The setup i have is absolutely killing fps,as low as 30 on a 1080 at 1440P:(

I may have went a bit overboard considering i put an ENB over the top of all the mods,currently have 128 installed not including the stuff thats gone straight into the games main folder:P

I may actually just start again from scratch and chalk the current one to a learning experience,maybe lose the ENB,great for screenshots but i actually wanna play the game:pac:

Pity locking to 30fps isnt available,its the frame drops that are killing the experience,i could deal with a locked 30
    Absolutely no point without the ENB! That amplifies the graphics the the stratosphere!

Bring your list down to no more than 40.
    Keep to 2k textures. 4k or 8K are tooo much :pac:
    Make sure uGridToLoad isn't set to something stupid

Tophat mudcrabs add 20 fps.

I haven't modded in awhile some maybe things have gotten ridiculous. Every time i did, i would get to your stage and start again :pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Absolutely no point without the ENB! That amplifies the graphics the the stratosphere!

Bring your list down to no more than 40.
    Keep to 2k textures. 4k or 8K are tooo much :pac:
    Make sure uGridToLoad isn't set to something stupid

Tophat mudcrabs add 20 fps.

I haven't modded in awhile some maybe things have gotten ridiculous. Every time i did, i would get to your stage and start again :pac:

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

I've 150+ mods installed and sitting solid at 60fps @ 1440p. Although I'm running with a 3700x and 2080 Super.

I had an ENB installed and running smooth but was getting a weird issue at dusk where the sky would randomly (not every night) get ridiculously bright and would only fix with a restart of the game. Narrowed it down after a few days testing to an issue I was having with ENB series itself and couldn't find a fix online so had to completely remove it. Tried several re-installs to no avail.

I've 150+ mods installed and sitting solid at 60fps @ 1440p. Although I'm running with a 3700x and 2080 Super.

I had an ENB installed and running smooth but was getting a weird issue at dusk where the sky would randomly (not every night) get ridiculously bright and would only fix with a restart of the game. Narrowed it down after a few days testing to an issue I was having with ENB series itself and couldn't find a fix online so had to completely remove it. Tried several re-installs to no avail.

Id say thats the 2080 just powering through,my 1080 is showing 95-99% in riva. I reckon i just havent got the grunt. It does look so good but drops to 30fps are just too hard to put up with for me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it looks great with an ENB installed and was hardly pushing the 2080. Pity I had issues with it but I don't mind as I'm using predator vision and it doesn't play well with ENB either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

What's the situation like with Skyrim modding these days? Which version of the game is used now? I a "special edition" in the Library. Did they ever release that 2nd generation mod manager?

SE is on version 1.5.somethingorother

Nexus released the NMM replacement Vortex a good while ago, over a year anyway, once it's set up properly it's pretty seamless. Loot, FNIS, etc all run automatically. So when you install a mod it updates everything in the background without having to run any programmes. SSEedit has also been updated to have an autocleaner function, so cleaning the base ESMs is simple. Mods are updated and maintained on Nexus pretty well too with the vast majority of the better mods from oldrim having been ported over.

Im using Vortex aswell,from a bit of googling MO2 seems to be better if you want to spend the time fine tuning but use Vortex if you want the program to be more automatic but possibly more prone to errors.

There are so many mods,some off the armor/weapon texture stuff is really nice. Ive not looked at much of the gameplay stuff yet as i wanna get the look right first.

Foolishly didnt back up the skyrim install when i started so gonna have to download that again

Thing I've found really useful with Vortex is it's good at identifying where there are issues, circular loads and so on. What I really like though is the updates to Loot where it'll tell you that you might be missing a compatibility patch and tell you which mod it relates to. I've read MO2 is good for tweaking stuff if you really want to but not really needed if you know what you're doing with SSEedit. Haven't had any issues with stability apart from the very odd freeze but they're really rare.

A lot of the good gameplay mods are there anyway, Deadly Dragons, Wildcat and so on. They all work as expected. If you've never played/used it I'd highly recommend Legacy of the Dragonborn.

• Advertisement

For me its been rock solid in the sense of zero crashes,i reckon i just used to many high poly textures re skins etc and its killing performance. Just there seems to be an opinion online that Vortex is not the best option. That could just be the oldschool hardcore types though as its been ok to me once ive got the hang of it

Things like the rustic textures,ruins clutter,franks armor/weapon reskins on top of the ENB and lighting effects are amazing and i can see why they would kill framerates so i reckon i just need to be more thoughtful when looking at these mods. Im due a GPU upgrade soon so i may just leave everything in place till then,try fallout mods for the time being

I have to say fair play to these people putting in so much work on this stuff,i did join the nexus as a supporter for 2 quid. Its genuinely a great resource imo. Modding like this is one of the few things that makes PC gaming genuinely unique in a world where money talks and greed is rampant

Are you using SSE Engine Fixes mod? It really helps with performance. Riften for example has a huge polygon count and that mod fixes things like that. I was getting ~30fps or less in Riften before installing it, now it's solid.

Are you using SSE Engine Fixes mod? It really helps with performance. Riften for example has a huge polygon count and that mod fixes things like that. I was getting ~30fps or less in Riften before installing it, now it's solid.

Yep have that installed. There were a few core mods recomended in most places and that was one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Steam Halloween sale starts today sometime?

Few games on my wishlist I want to grab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

TheDoc wrote: »
    Steam Halloween sale starts today sometime?

Few games on my wishlist I want to grab

Ah maybe this is why I can't connect to the steam store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When I do, the Halloween Sale doesn't seem to be on. Just the normal Weeklong Deals section.

GOG sale on as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Steam was down a little just now. Probably overload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Death Stranding is no longer a PS4 exclusive. Coming to PC early next summer

inb4 EGS exclusive

• Advertisement
Advertisement