Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bifold doors

Options
  • 20-10-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

i know there are some old threads on bifold doors but I would appreciate some more current information

I'm at the design stage of shifting and enlarging my kitchen to a new area of my home and I want to install a bifold door (4 No 800mm about 210mm high) I would be minded to go for aluminium.

Living in Armagh I can deal either side of the border. Has anyone recommendations of providers?

Older threads seem to suggest a cost in the region of 3000 to 5000 and I take that to be Euro. Can anyone suggest a current ballpark figure?

For those of you who have bifolds what's heat retention like, anything I should watch for

Many thanks for advice offered

Kevin

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kah22 wrote: »
    i know there are some old threads on bifold doors but I would appreciate some more current information

I'm at the design stage of shifting and enlarging my kitchen to a new area of my home and I want to install a bifold door (4 No 800mm about 210mm high) I would be minded to go for aluminium.

Living in Armagh I can deal either side of the border. Has anyone recommendations of providers?

Older threads seem to suggest a cost in the region of 3000 to 5000 and I take that to be Euro. Can anyone suggest a current ballpark figure?

For those of you who have bifolds what's heat retention like, anything I should watch for

Many thanks for advice offered

Kevin

Currently doing a 25 Sq. M extension on my dads house. First choice was for bifold doors in a 4.8-5.0 ope.

Most places were in and around the €1800 plus VAT per panel.
    So your door set would be 4 x 1800 + VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

I hope to be talking directly with a number of manufacturers/suppliers over the next few weeks.. What's the key questions I should be asking about these doors: doubled glazed or treble glazed, heat retention, heat loss that sort of thing.

I've decided to go for 4 no 800m x 210m (flexible with height) aluminium doors. One of the doors opening on its own

Should add I'm in no rush as the redevelopment won't the rest of the house

Advertisement