Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing machine fault

Options
  • 21-10-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if you can test a door switch from a washing machine with a multimeter to see if it's gone? If so how. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Why are you blaming it, what is your machine not doing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

They're 3-wire as you probably know

A 230v supply and a switched live

I don't think you can check whether the contact is making with a multimeter.

It needs to be powered, then closing the door energizes the heater which locks door and closes contact

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jack1000

Thanks for the replys. I was getting 230 volts accross 2 wires but when i closed the door it didn't lock. Got a new one today and it solved the problem. I was just wondering if there was a way of testing these with a multimeter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

jack1000 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there was a way of testing these with a multimeter.

no there isn't afaik anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Possibly, just possibly, try putting your meter on continuity (ohms resistance setting). Unplug the machine. Connect meter to the phase and neutral on the machine plug top pins. Put machine switch to an "on" program. See then if you get a change in meter reading before and after you close the door. May be a waste of time but if you see a change would indicate door switch ok ( this is just an off- chance suggestion)

• Advertisement
Advertisement