Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Maynooth or Liffey Valley

Options
  • 21-10-2014 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just want to know if there is any free parking around Maynooth or Liffey Valley area?

I will be staying in between Carton House and Maynooth town soon and the walk to the bus stop is on a road with no path or lights and it’s just not very safe at all.

I was thinking of driving to Liffey Valley and parking there for the day and busing it into town but I am not from the area so I don’t know where is free or at least reasonably priced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Fiona wrote: »
    Hi all

Just want to know if there is any free parking around Maynooth or Liffey Valley area?

I will be staying in between Carton House and Maynooth town soon and the walk to the bus stop is on a road with no path or lights and it’s just not very safe at all.

I was thinking of driving to Liffey Valley and parking there for the day and busing it into town but I am not from the area so I don’t know where is free or at least reasonably priced?

Liffey valley is free parking and plenty of buses in and out. Your best option

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Liffey valley is free parking and plenty of buses in and out. Your best option

+1

And parking there is relatively safe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Thanks lads, I was driving around there last night as I had to get something in Argos and I was going to chance it next week as I couldn't see any major warning signs but then I thought it just was too good to be true free parking in Dublin!

Anybody know what the best bus I should be getting?

I work on St Stephens Green so I know the 40 goes the back of Christchurch and then the 66 goes to Merrion Square?

25A and 25B go via Stephens Green. Others probably too, but I don't know their details. Check dublinbus.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

The car park where Argos is gets locked up at night when all the shops are closed - just in case you are late back from town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

stoneill wrote: »
    The car park where Argos is gets locked up at night when all the shops are closed - just in case you are late back from town.

All the shopping centre car parks have gates AFAIK, the one closest to the cinema is likely the last to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Haha yes that sounds like something that would happen to me alright!!!

Fiona wrote: »
    Haha yes that sounds like something that would happen to me alright!!!

If your working late you could always park down by the school close to Deadmans Inn, across the road from liffey valley

Are you sure? The McDonalds (with drive through) in that car park is open 24/7. Linky

unkel wrote: »
    Are you sure? The McDonalds (with drive through) in that car park is open 24/7. Linky

McDonalds is at the entrance though, gate is after the entrance

• Advertisement
Advertisement