Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Passat 2011 Climatronic HVAC Flaps

Options
  • 21-10-2014 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi There,

Appologies if this was already covered elsewhere but I am new to the Motoring Forum - Basically I am looking to know if somebody can tell me if the following behaviour with the climatronic system in a VW Passat 2011 is normal behavior or not.

I Have the car near 5 months now but only became aware of this issue yesterday, basically I leave the Climatronic on auto with AC button on at all times, I then adjust the temp using the control dials which all works fine.

I do not use any of the buttons to direct the air through any certain vents but leave it in the standard mode i.e all flap directions turned off as standard.

I have noticed that when I move the temp dial up or down to select a temperature I hear a slight noise that I have pinpointed to the HVAC flap servo controlling the front facing vents. so the lower the temp the more open these front facing flaps open and the reverse for the higher the temp (air is circulated through the top window vent and down to the feet - the front facing vents are closed)

The movement of the front facing HVAC vent flaps close in proportion to the higher the temp so each degree up or down and you can hear the flap servo moving slightly for each dial increment/decrement. Is this normal behaviour? I don't remember this being the case when I first got the car and I am only aware of it since yesterday as I had the radio off for once and could hear the servo moving when I was making adjustments to the temp.

Hope this is clear enough explanation and than you in advance for any help on this.

the exact climatronic model I have can be seen in this link (pic) http://www.motivemagazine.com/emAlbum/albums/Manufacturers/Volkswagen/CC/2009-Current/Interior/2009-Volkswagen-PassatCC-014.jpg

Advertisement