Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walker wp6500

• 21-10-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Is anybody getting trouble with the Walker WP6500 Recorder Box, it records programmes no bother but wont keep the series link, eg, i record double coronation Street's & it records the first one (7,30) of the double episode's but wont record the second show (8.30). I have reset & retuned channels but to no avail, i have it 4 months now & when i bought it there was no probs, it worked fine, its the last 3-4 weeks its acting like this. I'd appreciate any help i can get please.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NitWit

The way this works is that each entry on the EPG, electronic Programme Guide. Has two magic keys call CRIDs.
    One CRID identifies the programme. The other CRID identifies multiple programmes, usually of particular series, e.g. series 1, or series 3.
    These are added by the broadcaster and sometimes they get the wrong CRID.
    e.g. Use different series CRID or use the same programme CRID.

If you book a programme for record is will display a red box around the item in the guide.
    And an entry in the timers dialog.

The way this works is that each entry on the EPG, electronic Programme Guide. Has two magic keys call CRIDs.
    One CRID identifies the programme. The other CRID identifies multiple programmes, usually of particular series, e.g. series 1, or series 3.
    These are added by the broadcaster and sometimes they get the wrong CRID.
    e.g. Use different series CRID or use the same programme CRID.

But lets assume all is well with the broadcast meta data.

If you book a programme for recording two things happen.
    1. A red box will appear around the item in the guide.
    2. An entry appears in the timers dialog.

If you book a series for recording two things happen.
    1. A yellow will appear box around ALL programme with the same series CRID..
    2. Multiple entries will appears in the timers dialog with an .

Please can you check this information.

If a programme CRID has already been recorded (and not manually deleted within 90 days) it will not be recorded again, even if the title and programme are completely different.

Please also check you have the latest software version V1.17, under menu setup configuration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

NitWit wrote: »
    Please also check you have the latest software version V1.17, under menu setup configuration.

When does Walker plan to make v1.17 available for download via Saorview SSU. Tried a manual update on mine, only v1.15 available at the moment.

http://www.saorview.ie/help-support/faqs/saorview-equipment/equipment-upgrade-schedule/

Not sure, I using a USB update from the testers site.

• Advertisement

I using a USB update from the testers site.

Link?

Sorry it is a password protected ftp site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

:rolleyes:

Got a message this evening saying the hard disk failed to initialise, do you want to format yes/no
    Pulling out the power brought it back, for now.

Intermittent audio problems (bad distortion), sometimes setting and then cancelling a delay fixes it, sometimes not.
    Failed recordings - it's more of a surprise when they work. This was even worse before the 1.15 update
    It loses all stored channels every few months for no reason.
    Message on startup 'there is an error with the current recording' even though it's not set to record
    Timeshift never works
    Since the last software update, fast forward/rewind is unwatchable, it just briefly plays a bit at normal speed, then jumps. It didn't do that before, it went smoothly forward/back. Useless for watching sport as a result.
    Very slow to change channels, seems to have got worse since the update.
    Piece of crap really.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

As regular posters here will know I relocated my Walker PVR to a bedroom a while back because of all the recording issues with it.

Recently the box auto updated to the latest v1.17 software.

To test it out I scheduled a few programmes, the 3 Eurovision programmes last week and the new CSI:Cyber series on RTÉ2 tonight and Ripper Street on RTÉ1 last Wed.

Checked it out just now, only the first semi-final of the Eurovision last Tue night was recorded, the other 2 Eurovision programmes were not recorded. Ripper Street and CSI:Cyber also weren't recorded. CSI:Cyber remained scheduled in the timer list for recording on the 26th even though we're now in the 27th.

The same recording issues remain with the Saorview approved Walker PVR, meanwhile my Freeview Panasonic PVR is working without problem albeit without series link since Saorview ****ed that up for Walker's benefit.

Did you book a series record or individual programmes ?
    Did you have low power mode off(disabled) ?

• Advertisement

Did you book a series record or individual programmes ?
    Did you have low power mode off(disabled) ?

Single and series record depending on the programme.
    Low power mode has always been set to off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why would low power mode be a problem? Humax Foxsat has always had it enabled and never misses a beat.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement