Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 12, just to clarify..

Options
  • 21-10-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi there,

Last year I did some work (IT jobs) for a local school outside of my PAYE 9 to 5 in November and December. The agreement was I would declare and pay the tax on the income I got (€520). So its that time of year. From what I can gather I need to submit a form 12.

Question 1, I am selecting fees and commissions as the type of income as its the closet thing I can see to my situation. Am I right in thinking this?

Question 2, does this then automatically get deducted out of my wages? I'm estimating around €150 between TAX (lower rate) and USC.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

You're right on both counts. You can use either the fees / commisions block or the "untaxed income arising in the state" panel. Either way it will have the same effect.

If you earned over 32,800 (as a single person) the total liability between tax and USC would be 48%, that would be reduced from your next year's tax credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maximus_1

Thanks 2nd. So it doesn't work like removing a relief where they deduct the amount from your wages (happened me earlier this year when I removed a rent relief via PAYE Anytime, bam next payday I was €100 lighter), it will be reduced from next years credits. 6 of one, half..

Advertisement