Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 365 help

Options
  • 21-10-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

So i just bought a Toshiba laptop/notebook and Office 365 from powercity. Came home very happy with purchase but im having problems getting office up and running.

When i tried to install a security message popped up asking me if i was sure i wanted to proceed as the file was from an unknown source or something. I clicked yes for it to go ahead but the download just stops after about 3 seconds.

I have found the program in programs and features and there are icons on desktop but they just don't open. At the moment i am running a 'Quick repair' to try fix it but its been going on about 2 hours now.

Should i be taking this back to powercity or is it an incompatibility between Office and windows 8 or something else? It does seem to be a security system that stops it so i tried turning off firewall to no avail.

IM lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There should be no compatibility issues with office and windows.

It sounds like the install wasn't performed correctly in some manner. Uninstall all office products on the laptop - and reboot your system. Its also a great idea after that reboot to go to windows update proper and be sure you've already updated everything first (Win+W, "Windows Update"). Updating to 8.1 is also advised.

Then start by going here with your product code: https://officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com/ to get your activation key.

If you've already activated this with your microsoft account, got to http://office.com/myaccount to run the install again.

Advertisement