Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCI Fuel Card

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

ukoda wrote: »
    so you only buy from people who buy from you? this is another bizzare thing to say

All companies need products and services from companies who arent necessarily going to buy from them in return???

Once again, apologies if I was unclear, but where did I say we only buy from people who buy from us?

If we need a product/service, we will do an appropriate amount of research before choosing where to buy that product/service when we need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

josip wrote: »
    Once again, apologies if I was unclear, but where did I say we only buy from people who buy from us?

If we need a product/service, we will do an appropriate amount of research before choosing where to buy that product/service when we need it.

You said you don't accept sales calls from people who will never buy your products. Bad business practice.

You said you don't accept sales calls from people who will never buy your products. Bad business practice.

We take the call.
    If the caller is unknown to us we first of all try to establish if they are buying or selling.

Why is it bad business practice?

We take the call.
    If the caller is unknown to us we first of all try to establish if they are buying or selling.

Why is it bad business practice?

well if you have changed your stance and say you do take the call then fair enough.

i go back to my original point that the way you handled the call was rude and unprofessional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Josip what do you sell goods or services?

• Advertisement

well if you have changed your stance and say you do take the call then fair enough.

i go back to my original point that the way you handled the call was rude and unprofessional

We have to take the call, we have no way of knowing before we answer who might be calling us, it can be and occasionally is an existing customer, but they nearly always call direct to mobile.

I'm not going to disagree with you that my response could be seen as rude.
    Although one could also argue that it's ruder to cold call someone and hang up when you realise that they're not a potential customer.

kieran. wrote: »
    Josip what do you sell goods or services?

I work for Irish Water*

* May not be true.
    50/50 Product and services. Product sales lead the services.

We have to take the call, we have no way of knowing before we answer who might be calling us, it can be and occasionally is an existing customer, but they nearly always call direct to mobile.

I'm not going to disagree with you that my response could be seen as rude.
    Although one could also argue that it's ruder to cold call someone and hang up when you realise that they're not a potential customer.

well from reading your transcript of the call, they didnt even get to establish if you were a potential customer or not, So they hung up because you were rude

well from reading your transcript of the call, they didnt even get to establish if you were a potential customer or not,

That's your interpretation of the call and it's as valid as mine, which is that they did establish from my question that I wasn't a potential customer and that was they reason they hung up.

But it's perfectly ok for us to have different opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You sure showed them, OP. I'm sure your Employee of the Month award is imminent.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You sure showed them, OP. I'm sure your Employee of the Month award is imminent.

Perhaps, but in all my time here I've never gotten it strangely enough.
    What line of activity are you involved in yourself Dial Hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

That's why OP isn't a receptionist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

What line of activity are you involved in yourself Dial Hard?

I'm a full-time Boardsie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Gotta lol at the OP getting slated for asking them "buying or selling"...

Advertisement