Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't use any of my BOI cards to top up with tesco - failing 3D secure authentication

Options
  • 21-10-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am unable to top up on my tesco mobile account with any of my BOI cards (debit or credit cards).

I can add the cards and enter my 3D secure password to authorise the €0.01 cent transaction this incurs, no problem.

But when I try and top up by €10 it rejects the payment after the 3D secure screen saying [font=myriad-pro-n4, myriad-pro, 'Myriad Pro', 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Arial, sans-serif]Payer Authentication failed[/font]

What's going on here? Any advice?

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi quad_red,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you've experienced difficulties using your Bank of Ireland cards. If the cards are working on other websites, this would indicate that the problem may be on their side. In this instance, you would need to contact Tesco Mobile for them to investigate this.

If it's a case that the cards are not being accepted on other websites, it may be that your Verified by Visa or 3D Secure passwords have been blocked. You can call 0818 365 365 and select option 1 then 2 for assistance with having these unlocked.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement