Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All day parking in Limerick city

• 21-10-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im starting a job in Oconnell Avenue, Limerick city next week. Does anyone know of cheap car parks where i can leave my car all day??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

ammiem wrote: »
    Im starting a job in Oconnell Avenue, Limerick city next week. Does anyone know of cheap car parks where i can leave my car all day??

First off, do you need to drive to work? Why not live in the city centre and save yourself large parking fees?

Second point, there'll be a free bike scheme starting in the next month or two so this might be an option instead of driving in?

Lastly, there are plenty of car parks around. I would imagine the one at Mount Kennet would suit best - http://www.q-park.ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/parkingid/1670

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ammiem

zulutango wrote: »
    First off, do you need to drive to work? Why not live in the city centre and save yourself large parking fees?

Second point, there'll be a free bike scheme starting in the next month or two so this might be an option instead of driving in?

Lastly, there are plenty of car parks around. I would imagine the one at Mount Kennet would suit best - http://www.q-park.ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/parkingid/1670

Well im trying to work out if it would be cheaper for me to commute or move to the city. Petrol and rent are going to be about the same I reckon so im tryin to weigh up everything else like parking and wear and tear on my car Vs the cost of livin in limerick. I priced the Q parks, 6.50 a day. Thats alot of money. The bike scheme is interesting tho. I could rent outside the city and use the bikes and buses to get in and out. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭brianhickey

Well im trying to work out if it would be cheaper for me to commute or move to the city. Petrol and rent are going to be about the same I reckon so im tryin to weigh up everything else like parking and wear and tear on my car Vs the cost of livin in limerick. I priced the Q parks, 6.50 a day. Thats alot of money. The bike scheme is interesting tho. I could rent outside the city and use the bikes and buses to get in and out. Thanks!

Steamboat Quay is pretty cheap I think, says here it's only €15 a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The cost of living in the city centre is fairly cheap (rents aren't a whole lot higher than in the suburbs). You should be able to get a residents parking permit for most residential areas for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

If you're in early enough, there is a stretch of parking spaces that do not require discs at the top of O'Connell Avenue by the (always closed) gate to Scoil Carmel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

If you're in early enough, there is a stretch of parking spaces that do not require discs at the top of O'Connell Avenue by the (always closed) gate to Scoil Carmel.

+ 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

I park in the City Centre Carpark off Thomas Street. My monthly ticket is €60

Advertisement