Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What character would you like to return

Options
  • 21-10-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭

Just a general question really.

I've been watching up from Eccleston up as far as The End of Time and obviously watched Captain Jack Harness, a character who basically just disappears at the end of 10s death.

I quite liked him, and thought he'd be a great sight to see with Capaldi. The sheer difference between Capaldi and Tennent could work great between him and Jack.

Is there any character you'd like to see return, at least as a once off.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Just a general question really.

I've been watching up from Eccleston up as far as The End of Time and obviously watched Captain Jack Harness, a character who basically just disappears at the end of 10s death.

I quite liked him, and thought he'd be a great sight to see with Capaldi. The sheer difference between Capaldi and Tennent could work great between him and Jack.

Is there any character you'd like to see return, at least as a once off.

You can already see Captain Jack interacting with Capaldi.

He's just not playing the Doctor :)

Look up "Children of Earth".

I'd actually quite enjoy seeing 12's reaction to Rose. I get the feeling he wouldn't take any of her crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Oh yes I'd forgotten that.

That would make their meeting even better so, if Jack remembered meeting a man who looked like him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd like to get an old Doctor meeting new Doctor story involving Eccleston, though I know that's unlikely at best. I was rather disappointed he wasn't in the 50th anniversary special.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Angron wrote: »
    I'd like to get an old Doctor meeting new Doctor story involving Eccleston, though I know that's unlikely at best. I was rather disappointed he wasn't in the 50th anniversary special.

We'll probably never get to the bottom of why Ecclestone is so against everything Who, but perhaps as time wears on and the production team change, the chances of a one off will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Angron wrote: »

Didn't he decline the offer though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Didn't he decline the offer though?

I believe so, yes. I'm disappointed he turned it down though, would have been rather cool to have him there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

A proper Gallifreyan Time Lord: Bring back our Master.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a bit soon after the last one, but a multi-Doctor story featuring #12 and any of the recent previous could be interesting: the 50th anniversary needed John Hurt's War-Doctor as a natural offset to the goofy, infantile charms of the Tennant and Smith iterations; Capaldi going up against Smith could make for some great fireworks.

In terms of non Timelord characters, Captain Jack would be a good one, though I never finished Miracle Day: where did he end up at the end of it? Could he even return in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Doctors daughter would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Actual all the mention of old Doctors makes me wonder if they're going to do anything to mark the 10th anniversary of Doctor Who's return to TV. Yes, we're fresh off a bombastic 50th, but given the 10th anniversary of its return is next year, it might not be overload to celebrate it in some fashion; enough time may've passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Master

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rose. *runs. Runs as fast as my legs can carry me* :p:pac::pac:

Actually, Romana. If she was still around hidden in that dimensional thingy, but came back. That would be cool. Especially if she's nicked another tardis. Maybe have her laying low since their home got blasted in the time war(she thinks). And she knows him from way back, but she'd no longer be his junior. Wind him up a bit, up his game. She used to regularly wind up Tom Baker's Doc, mainly by being right. :D For me anyway him being the last of his kind and all that is wearing a little thin. Still too much of the lonely god vibe going on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Lucius Caecilius Iucundus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The Doctors daughter would be good

Ya that story dies a death I always wonder why that is. It seemed like something they were going to come back to or with torchwood

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Matt Smith.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ya that story dies a death I always wonder why that is. It seemed like something they were going to come back to or with torchwood

I had an idea where she somehow ends up with vastra and gang would be a good kids tv show at least
    (Timey wimey hits of the Tardis and gets time bumped to victorian London)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The lack of a reappearance from Doctor's Daughter is even more baffling considering it was Moffat who asked to keep Jenny alive; Greenhorn and RTD were happy to leave her dead.

I imagine the window has pretty much closed on it, but it'll probably keep a few freelancers employed 20 odd year down the way, with comics, novels and audio-dramas.

Advertisement