Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get hampers and baskets wholesale

Options
  • 21-10-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hello looking to make Christmas hampers to sell but my local sells the baskets at €12 each I am looking for anywhere cheaper online thanks reputable of course . My products included in the hampers will be mince pie, cookies, candy canes, Christmas crackers , wine and beers could anyone help thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 baz321

Hello looking to make Christmas hampers to sell but my local sells the baskets at €12 each I am looking for anywhere cheaper online thanks reputable of course . My products included in the hampers will be mince pie, cookies, candy canes, Christmas crackers , wine and beers could anyone help thanks

Have you tried home store and more , I think I have bought them for €6 or less in there as I have made up hampers before as Christmas presents .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There is a florist supplier just off Capel St I think its called Tip Top saw them there last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

Hi I'm based in limerick so no idea where capel street is but thanks will try home store :)

Yeh mentioning a location probably would have helped a trip to Dublin is probably a little excessive! I'm sure there will be places that supply florists in the area that would have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Alpack.ie I often get things off there for various products! Hope you find what youre looking for :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Google Floraville and select the appropriate basket, next day delivery usually unless you are ordering unusual size

westgolf

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thatmeanchick

try sweeney o rourke's too or theres a hardware store in rathmines called lenehans, that i bought baskets for to use in my restaurant last year orrrr try ALL ROOMS on upper liffey street, near the jervis st luas stop. they ve got loads of stuff that might suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

If you are close to Dublin, then Budget Greetings in Parkwest will have baskets, bows & cellophane. Only open to trade and they are very strict about that.

The other place to check is Creative Cane on the North Road in Finglas (100m off the M50).

Thank you for all the advice have sourced some cheap ones but can I ask would it be OK to approach local businesses closer to Christmas and ask if they would like to buy the hampers as gifts or corporate gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Thank you for all the advice have sourced some cheap ones but can I ask would it be OK to approach local businesses closer to Christmas and ask if they would like to buy the hampers as gifts or corporate gifts

I'd do it sooner rather than later - I do 24 baskets each year for a friend with a business and we've already started buying up stuff for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

I know a friend of mine used to buy baskets from the body shop for only 3 euro each, they had two sizes available. That was a few months ago.

Edited: sorry, just realised you already sourced some.

I'd do it sooner rather than later - I do 24 baskets each year for a friend with a business and we've already started buying up stuff for them.

Should I approach with a ready made example or a simple catalogue explaining what I can make and how it would be presented with prices

Should I approach with a ready made example or a simple catalogue explaining what I can make and how it would be presented with prices

Definitely have an example if you came into my shop having something there to show would definitely make a better impression. Make sure you know your numbers very annoying when people don't how much they want for them and how much they should be retailing for.

Thank you that's true nothing worse then not being ready one more Q , do I just arrive at the local businesses or ring before hand and ask to see whoever is in charge and hopefully make an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Thank you that's true nothing worse then not being ready one more Q , do I just arrive at the local businesses or ring before hand and ask to see whoever is in charge and hopefully make an appointment

Definitely try and have at least a name if you are cold calling - choose an industrial estate or similar - make a list of all the businesses in it and then use their website/link'd to see can you find a contact or just ring up and ask for the name of the manager/purchasing manager.
    Bring your sample basket/s and have a clear price list.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Would you need a wine licence to sell the alcohol in them? Unless you have one already?

Advertisement