Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbelievable poor service

Options
  • 21-10-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I decided in July that i would get E-Fibre into my house. So i rang up sales and went ahead and ordered it. While ordering I explained that we had the driveway re-done a few years back and i was pretty sure the cable from the road was gone and that i did not have any phone points etc in the house. I was told this is fine the first engineer will check and get a line run in if needed.

So after a week an engineer comes out looks around the house and says you have no phone points. i said i know that and told Eircom of this when ordering. He says he can do nothing as he needs a line into the house for him to do his job. He said he would report this and i should hear back. So i hear nothing back. I ring Eircom after a week or 2 and was told that the order was cancelled and that i would need to buy "tubing" and run the cable myself into the house. I was sure this was not true so i rang again and was told the same thing!!

Finally i rang sales again and was told this is rubbish and that what look like happened was that the wrong engineer was sent out first. He confirmed that the order was cancelled and that i will just need to reorder and he would sort it out. So i went ahead, and did this. One hour later an engineer called out to the house to work on the manhole on the road. I knew that this was to do with the first order but i left him do his job which he did and said that someone else will be out to run the cable to the house. A week later the same engineer came back again to do the same job he had already finished. A couple of days later there was a note in the letter box saying that KN had been out to lay the cable but we were not home. Of course we weren't home as no one told us anyone was coming out. In the end we got the cable into the house and the line tested and were told every thing was working we just needed the engineer out with the router.

So I was given the date and took off work. Guess what?? No one arrived. So i rang Eircom and was told that my whole order was cancelled!! I was fuming, i asked why and was told straight that there is no E-Fibre available to me. After 5 minutes of arguing telling the Rep. that it is available and that Ive had engineers in my house after laying cable I spoke to a supervisor. I had to retell the whole story and she went off and came back to say that i was correct that it was a problem with the initial order process. I was told that i would have to reorder again but that she would make sure everything went smoothly. 

I reordered and was told that on Monday the 20 Oct (almost 3 months after my first call) an engineer with a router would be out.....NO ONE came out, i emailed the supervisor yesterday and was asked to hold on as she was waiting on a call back from some other Department. I am still waiting?

I have actually left parts out of this story out as it is long enough. This is not a complicated order. I really really am sick and tired of this at this stage, 3 months of incompetence has me worn out. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

In before "call such and such a number for further support" 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I decided in July that i would get E-Fibre into my house. So i rang up sales and went ahead and ordered it. While ordering I explained that we had the driveway re-done a few years back and i was pretty sure the cable from the road was gone and that i did not have any phone points etc in the house. I was told this is fine the first engineer will check and get a line run in if needed.

So after a week an engineer comes out looks around the house and says you have no phone points. i said i know that and told Eircom of this when ordering. He says he can do nothing as he needs a line into the house for him to do his job. He said he would report this and i should hear back. So i hear nothing back. I ring Eircom after a week or 2 and was told that the order was cancelled and that i would need to buy "tubing" and run the cable myself into the house. I was sure this was not true so i rang again and was told the same thing!!

Finally i rang sales again and was told this is rubbish and that what look like happened was that the wrong engineer was sent out first. He confirmed that the order was cancelled and that i will just need to reorder and he would sort it out. So i went ahead, and did this. One hour later an engineer called out to the house to work on the manhole on the road. I knew that this was to do with the first order but i left him do his job which he did and said that someone else will be out to run the cable to the house. A week later the same engineer came back again to do the same job he had already finished. A couple of days later there was a note in the letter box saying that KN had been out to lay the cable but we were not home. Of course we weren't home as no one told us anyone was coming out. In the end we got the cable into the house and the line tested and were told every thing was working we just needed the engineer out with the router.

So I was given the date and took off work. Guess what?? No one arrived. So i rang Eircom and was told that my whole order was cancelled!! I was fuming, i asked why and was told straight that there is no E-Fibre available to me. After 5 minutes of arguing telling the Rep. that it is available and that Ive had engineers in my house after laying cable I spoke to a supervisor. I had to retell the whole story and she went off and came back to say that i was correct that it was a problem with the initial order process. I was told that i would have to reorder again but that she would make sure everything went smoothly. 

I reordered and was told that on Monday the 20 Oct (almost 3 months after my first call) an engineer with a router would be out.....NO ONE came out, i emailed the supervisor yesterday and was asked to hold on as she was waiting on a call back from some other Department. I am still waiting?

I have actually left parts out of this story out as it is long enough. This is not a complicated order. I really really am sick and tired of this at this stage, 3 months of incompetence has me worn out. 
    Hi Original Rossi

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this and apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please do feel free to PM me your efibre account number or order number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Originalrossi

Well this is totally disheartening, soul destroying etc. After my post on the 21 Oct I received a call to say my case has been escalated and that they will have an engineer out either the next day or the day after. So the following day a get a call to say there is a problem with the "Pre Qual" (no idea what that is) and that it will take a further 4 days......... Soooooo after 4 days nothing, i ring eircom and was told that he completely forgot about my case and had it at the bottom of his file (super customer service). As he forgot it will take at least ANOTHER 4 days. Again after 4 days nothing so i rang Tuesday and was told that the line is in the process of being tested. Finally I got a call from eircom today to tell me that the case has been escalated as the Pre Qual failed. So into month 4 now. Its not as if i live on top of a mountain etc.. Is anybody capable of sorting this out????

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭porridge365

Well this is totally disheartening, soul destroying etc. After my post on the 21 Oct I received a call to say my case has been escalated and that they will have an engineer out either the next day or the day after. So the following day a get a call to say there is a problem with the "Pre Qual" (no idea what that is) and that it will take a further 4 days......... Soooooo after 4 days nothing, i ring eircom and was told that he completely forgot about my case and had it at the bottom of his file (super customer service). As he forgot it will take at least ANOTHER 4 days. Again after 4 days nothing so i rang Tuesday and was told that the line is in the process of being tested. Finally I got a call from eircom today to tell me that the case has been escalated as the Pre Qual failed. So into month 4 now. Its not as if i live on top of a mountain etc.. Is anybody capable of sorting this out????
    Originalrossi
    having had a similar experience as you going on since May and still not resolved ,I wish I never had any contact with this company.In my case my line was connected (which I wasnt told) but I was told I had to wait for another engineer to come out to connect for internet.They never came out,yet the monthly bills started rolling in. I cant get them to cancel despite numerous phone calls,emails and threats .If I were you I would sever any dealings with this "provider" while you can and count yourself lucky.If you dont believe me why dont you spend an hour looking at all the irate customers on this site.

Signed Exasperated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Originalrossi
    having had a similar experience as you going on since May and still not resolved ,I wish I never had any contact with this company.In my case my line was connected (which I wasnt told) but I was told I had to wait for another engineer to come out to connect for internet.They never came out,yet the monthly bills started rolling in. I cant get them to cancel despite numerous phone calls,emails and threats .If I were you I would sever any dealings with this "provider" while you can and count yourself lucky.If you dont believe me why dont you spend an hour looking at all the irate customers on this site.

Signed Exasperated

Hi porridge365.

Sorry to hear of the issues you have experience so far. Would you like to PM me your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

• Advertisement
Advertisement