Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to Ban Imageshack/Photobucket?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Just attach the image to your post. Click on the attachment, and wrap it in img tags.

I thought everybody just did this. Clearly not.

MugMugs wrote: »
    I thought everybody just did this. Clearly not.
    The only issue I see with that method is if the thread is locked, you can't remove the attachment if you decide to later.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Karsini wrote: »
    The only issue I see with that method is if the thread is locked, you can't remove the attachment if you decide to later.

You can do it via your control panel I believe

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You can do it via your control panel I believe
    You can if the thread is open. Not if it's locked though. The check box is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Karsini wrote: »
    You can if the thread is open. Not if it's locked though. The check box is missing.

Chat a mod, and they'll delete it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Chat a mod, and they'll delete it

No guarantee...unless its a pic of yourself.

Use something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thargor wrote: »
    Ummm no, Imgur is dominant because its Reddits choice, Reddit and Imgur arent going anywhere. Photobucket/Imageshack/Tinypic are all sh1t right now and will remain so.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Automatically rehost any pic posted either on the boards servers or on Imgur. I know people might think Imgur is just another hoster but its clearly won the war at this stage and as Reddits go-to host its not going anywhere, Flickr is the only other place not dying on its arse but its a horrible site and its just its community keeping it going.
    Not a year later and look whats happening, Reddits starting to dump Imgur and host all itself. Everything on the one page, no more clicking. It could be Bye Bye Imgur in no time at all + they've been serving up a hell of a lot of blank black pages instead of cute kittens lately. They got $40 million in Funding 2 years ago, I'm no suit but I'd say they could be up sh1t creek if they don't get alot, alot of traffic from somewhere else. It's cheap buyout time!
    With the tool, users will be able to upload images up to 20MB and GIFs up to 100MB in size directly to Reddit.

https://gfycat.com/ will be the go to for gifs bigger than the limit.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/05/reddit-forsakes-imgur-with-launch-of-native-image-upload-tool/
    http://www.randalolson.com/2016/05/25/why-is-reddit-replacing-imgur/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's fascinating and all but how does it connect to this thread from 2014 where boards said they don't bother what image hosting platform people use?
    Or did you just remember your old comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I knew something like this was coming:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

The photo threads in cycling and motors are disaster zones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I suppose it was inevitable but I can see where photobucket are coming from. They provide storage space for free but nobody visits the page to view the photo so they don't get any pageviews, just resource links. Storage costs money and has to be funded somehow.

its a pity they didnt allow X amount of free linkage storage and anything over that added a watermark or threw in an ad in the corner (not that I want ads but it would have solved the problem of revenue for photobucket and allowed users to accept the ad or buy more space or reduce their usage requirement. Then again, it would be difficult to ensure that appropriate ads are placed on images.

• Advertisement
Advertisement