Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Another) QCA Thread

• 21-10-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

I realise there are a lot of QCA-related threads before this one, but none of which were able to sufficiently solve the issue I'm looking to solve!

I'm looking for a QCA calculator like the excel ones posted before, but one that allows to add double weighting for 4th year modules compared to 2nd year modules and include an FYP as a separately weighed module (i.e. worth 3x a normal unit).

I've played around with a few that were posted before trying to sort the FYP issue but I'm not able to get the formula to work properly!

Would be great if someone more in the know with excel formulas could help me out.

Cheers,

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

The exact details of the calculation are laid out in the student handbook or the academic regs (can't recall which offhand).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Hey, I realise that. It's just a lot more labouring to figure when you have to do separate calculations for each module and for each potential result in comparison to excel doing it for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

biggaman wrote: »
    Hey, I realise that. It's just a lot more labouring to figure when you have to do separate calculations for each module and for each potential result in comparison to excel doing it for you!

Labouring to solve a problem? Oh noes!
    If your modules are worth X more than other modules then add X weighting to your calculation.

Working it out doesn't need an excel file. If you've already looked at all the other QCA threads then you already have all the info you need to add things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Labouring to solve a problem? Oh noes!
    If your modules are worth X more than other modules then add X weighting to your calculation.

Working it out doesn't need an excel file. If you've already looked at all the other QCA threads then you already have all the info you need to add things up.

Thanks for the additional info.

I can calculate it myself on paper, but I'd like to have a digital file where I can edit/swap/change results over the course of the year - for handiness sake and general information for myself.
    So really, I'm trying to find a fix for the excel formula, rather than the equation to do the calculation myself! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

biggaman wrote: »
    I can calculate it myself on paper, but I'd like to have a digital file where I can edit/swap/change results over the course of the year

You could edit the existing excel file you have so that it relates to the specifics of your course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement