Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cost of childcare vs doing it yourself?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

SameDiff wrote: »
    Yes, you are right. I abhor the lazy parents who refuse to do the motherly duties (nappies, bathtime, bedtime) but pass these off as though it is THEM that are missing out.

They don't bother breastfeeding and blame BAD LUCK as their cop-out reasons why not..."sore nipples, late milk, mastitis, any****ingexcusitis"

They put baby out of earshot into a far-off bedroom and blame NOISY BABY as a reason to not monitor their baby's sleeping... "we all slept much better"

It's a never-ending **** pile of excuses for bad parenting.

If you post ot this thread one more time with anything other then an apology. You will be banned from parenting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We welcome discussion we do not welcome trolling.
    Thread re-opened but we will keep an eye on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If you post ot this thread one more time with anything other then an apology. You will be banned from parenting.

Hold on one second here. This means that my opinion on what I have stated above is so unwelcome, so distasteful, that I will actually be banned from the forum?

As a father of two children, married to their mother, I will be banned from stating my preference on how children should be fed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

This means I will no longer be able to post my opinion, unless I apologise for my opinions to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

SameDiff, please PM a mod rather than argue on thread. PM me and I'll explain why your posts are not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That information is wrong.
    It is 15k Tax exempt. You still pay a fixed amount of PRSI and you pay income on all earning if you earn for example 15001
    Thanks for the correction, you're correct it is 15k rather than 10k. Mrs Sleepy only minds one little girl 3 days a week so would never come near 10k pa, never mind 15 so it's not something we'd worry about for now.

The PRSI payments due tend to be quite negligible on such low income levels too.

I know a little about it;)
    I think it is 500 euro PA now .
    It was worth every penny not to loose your tax benefits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

January wrote: »
    SameDiff, please PM a mod rather than argue on thread. PM me and I'll explain why your posts are not allowed.

All: samediff has won a little holiday from the Parenting forum. No need to report any more posts.

Advertisement