Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Contract Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

^^ You're correct, however the issue arises if only meteor has the change, and none of the other networks change their pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

TallGlass wrote: »
    As I said in my original post I expected that Meteor wouldn't play ball. As I can see from reading some posts that people have e-mailed Meteor.

If you have e-mailed Meteor I would e-mail ComReg and ask them for clarification on the matter and see what they have to say about it. Also lodge a formal complain with Meteor as ComReg will ask you to do this.

If it's not a contract change then why bother advertising it at all? Why bother telling us there changing the prices. Seems to me like Meteor are keeping this on the quite in hope it dose not blow up into a clusterfcuk again like last time.

Maybe they are letting you know about the price change so you don't get a shock the next time you get a bill emailed/posted to you.

Haha surely sex lines aren't still in existence?! :D That's amazing.

You think that's amazing in a thread where people are still using directory enquiries?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Do they have to inform contract customers? I haven't been informed by meteor. Are they not in breach if they don't inform by november?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gufc21 wrote: »
    Do they have to inform contract customers? I haven't been informed by meteor. Are they not in breach if they don't inform by november?

It's on the website, it's up to you to check it. Not being smart, that's just how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Very similar thing with O2 in 09 I think. im nearly sure they dropped the prices of directory enquiry calls and they let anyone that rang cancel. I cancelled 2 accounts of mine and my girlfriends and her contract was only 3 months into an 18 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I have to say, I don't see how this would be a change in contract either. Contracts stipulate premium rate numbers are not part of your contracted bundle.

These aren't meteor's prices to set. If they charged a "connection fee" on top of the premium rate call cost, and changed *that*, then I could see it as a change in contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

This one is a little up there with regards to contractual changes. If Meteor outline the cost of the calls when you signed the contract, then any increase in those prices are deemed by law a contractual change. Regardless of how the change came to be.

As it has been stated before. If the increases are with regards to Meteor alone, then it's Meteors duty to either absorbs the extra fees, or deal with the consequences of forwarding them onto their customers. That is a business choice and not a law that Meteor have to follow in anyway.

The part that has been pretty solid on this being a contractual change is actually from Meteors own words regarding prepay.

If you are a prepay customer affected by these changes and if you do not accept these changes, you may therefore cease to use the service without penalty imposed. Please note that continued usage of the services at any stage after the implementation of changes, shall be taken as acceptance of same.

How can a prepay customer be affected by this changes more so than a signed contract and in their own words, if the user does not agree, they can leave without penalty. This notice seems odd, as a person on prepay can always do that, but none the less. They specify that these are changes and that users do not have to accept them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Contracts stipulate premium rate numbers are not part of your contracted bundle.

Where does my contract stipulate that? International calls are not included in my bundle either, can they change the tariffs on these as well and say it's not part of my bundle so no changes in T&Cs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

guil wrote: »

If that's anything to go by then ComReg have alot to answer for let alone Meteor.

As said Meteor are changing there prices. I dunno about some people but when I was with Meteor, directory inquiry services where listed and priced in my contract.

Seen as ComReg don't want to know there little point in posting my points. But seen as the regulator hasn't a clue about pricing maybe we should push for the way of the energy regulator? Every little increase need to be pass by them first. Say if Meteor decided to pass there 3g/4g services onto a third party company and they increase prices is that okay cause there third party?

Also someone said something about VAT if the government decided to increase this etc.. Vat and tax are added after the bill is formed so it wouldn't have a direct impact on your billing, but on your final bill. Hense, why they calculate VAT and tax at the end and issue a final bill.

Did anyone have success with cancelling contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm on Meteor PAYG and got the txt informing me of the changes and that I could cancel my contract... What contract?.....

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I'm on Meteor PAYG and got the txt informing me of the changes and that I could cancel my contract... What contract?.....

Can you quote the text word for word please? Doesn't say online that you can cancel contract

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/notifications/billpay_directory_enquiry_pricing_change_november2014/

Edit... I see this in the same notification for prepay customers

If you are a prepay customer affected by these changes and if you do not accept these changes, you may therefore cease to use the service without penalty imposed. Please note that continued usage of the services at any stage after the implementation of changes, shall be taken as acceptance of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

how can they come out and say clearly that it constitutes a contract change for PAYG customers in one breath and notify them of such, but then deny it in another breath for billpay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

TallGlass wrote: »
    If that's anything to go by then ComReg have alot to answer for let alone Meteor.

As said Meteor are changing there prices. I dunno about some people but when I was with Meteor, directory inquiry services where listed and priced in my contract.

Seen as ComReg don't want to know there little point in posting my points. But seen as the regulator hasn't a clue about pricing maybe we should push for the way of the energy regulator? Every little increase need to be pass by them first. Say if Meteor decided to pass there 3g/4g services onto a third party company and they increase prices is that okay cause there third party?

Also someone said something about VAT if the government decided to increase this etc.. Vat and tax are added after the bill is formed so it wouldn't have a direct impact on your billing, but on your final bill. Hense, why they calculate VAT and tax at the end and issue a final bill.

Just off the phone with Comreg. They say that this change is outside contract conditions therefore Meteor/Emobile are perfectly entitled to do so.
    The argument now lies with if the changes are outside contract or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else get the txt to inform us about the contract changes that doesn't affect us?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Anybody else get the txt to inform us about the contract changes that doesn't affect us?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

got text message few minutes ago about changes and saying that it doesn't affect contract.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just got a text from emobile about the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its doesn't affect you but we are going to tell you anyway.

Pointless though I'd imagine they are not going to lie in the txt message. Too public for them to risk it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its doesn't affect you but we are going to tell you anyway.

Pointless though I'd imagine they are not going to lie in the txt message. Too public for them to risk it.

Its not lieing. Its there interpretation of the law which appears to be flawed.

I've emailed to request a get out of contract. If that fails I'll go to comreg. When that fails I'll submit a small claims case. Seems to be fairly clear cut

godtabh wrote: »
    Its not lieing. Its there interpretation of the law which appears to be flawed.

I've emailed to request a get out of contract. If that fails I'll go to comreg. When that fails I'll submit a small claims case. Seems to be fairly clear cut

Think comreg have already said it doesn't affect contract, also got the text from eMobile.....
    Service Notice: A number of Directory Enquiries service providers have recently increased their wholesale rates. As a result, eMobile will be increasing their customer published rates to reflect these increases in wholesale charging. This does not affect your contract. For details of these new published rates please go to http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/othercharges/billpay/

Tbf I can't see how its emobile/meteor fault

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Ok, so lets break it down. We get a monthly bill from Meteor/Emobile we use directory enquiries the charges come from meteor/emobile in our monthly bill not from directory enquries.

We signed up to those charges in a contract, because wholesale prices change and they are passing it on to the customer is where the contract is changing. Because they think that its the wholesale price is changing that's their get out clause but its rubbish. The cost price which meteor/emobile pay directory enquiries monies for us using the service has gone up...nothing to do with the customer. If meteor/emobile want to pass it on its a change of contract.

If the price of paper went sky high would they then be ok to charge us more for bills because wholesale price of paper went up?

O2 in fairness to them have told their customers they can get out of contract
    here

I might follow the previous poster's steps ensuring there is a trail.

That 02 link is for prepay, anyone can get out of these contracts with no penalty ( or am I missing something)

wilser wrote: »
    That 02 link is for prepay, anyone can get out of these contracts with no penalty ( or am I missing something)

Meteor have allowed prepay to get out of their 'contract' also

gufc21 wrote: »
    Meteor have allowed prepay to get out of their 'contract' also

So its tbf to o2 and meteor? As they are both doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Pay as you got the option to opt out of contract with Meteor but there's no contract with Pay as you go surely?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

No I was just pointing out that the carriers are letting their prepay customers out of their contracts

• Advertisement

What contract is involved with Prepay? :confused:

I guess every time you top up you enter a 1 month contract, ie. Free data, call, texts... whatever it may be.

Advertisement