Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Contract Changes

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Just got off the phone to emobile .. Fantastic customer care as always (NOT)
    Anyway they have told me these price increases only apply to pay as you go customers and not bill pay customers ... Is this correct ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thewife wrote: »
    Just got off the phone to emobile .. Fantastic customer care as always (NOT)
    Anyway they have told me these price increases only apply to pay as you go customers and not bill pay customers ... Is this correct ?

I'm on contract, and I got the text yesterday, saying it doesn't affect contract.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I'm on contract, and I got the text yesterday, saying it doesn't affect contract.

I got the text also , the guy I spoke to said it was sent in mistake that is only applicable to pay as you go customers .. I didn't believe him and told him that , he refused to give me his supervisors name, he said his supervisor instructed him to tell anyone who rang that there is not price increases for bill pay customers .. Of course he refused to put me through to the supervisor and also refused to give me the supervisors name !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thewife wrote: »
    I got the text also , the guy I spoke to said it was sent in mistake that is only applicable to pay as you go customers .. I didn't believe him and told him that , he refused to give me his supervisors name, he said his supervisor instructed him to tell anyone who rang that there is not price increases for bill pay customers .. Of course he refused to put me through to the supervisor and also refused to give me the supervisors name !

Did you get his name at least? If not then inform him that you are starting to record the rest of the conversation. Always put the sh*ts up them when they are getting irate themselves.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Did you get his name at least? If not then inform him that you are starting to record the rest of the conversation. Always put the sh*ts up them when they are getting irate themselves.

I got his name .. And I told him I was making a note that he was refusing to give me his supervisors name ... He didn't seem that bothered ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

If anyone does manage to get their contact cancelled, make sure you move to PAYG, otherwise you will lose your number with the cancelled contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

So I asked meteor for a copy of my contract to have a look at the t&c's just to have a read of the premium numbers stuff... this is the reply I got..

Hi John, 

Thanks for your email, regarding your contract request.               

Unfortunately these records are kept for a period of 12 months only.

I apologise that we will be unable to facilitate your request

If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Diarmuid

now I never got a copy of my contract when I upgraded. I did so over the phone and they never sent me a copy. Would that not mean that I don't actually have a contract and can just cancel the DD?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

godtabh wrote: »
    Its not lieing. Its there interpretation of the law which appears to be flawed.

I've emailed to request a get out of contract. If that fails I'll go to comreg. When that fails I'll submit a small claims case. Seems to be fairly clear cut

How is it clear cut, in that way?

This is not in anyway a change to your contract. Your contract doesn't outline fixed charges for directory services for the period by which you are contracted to the company.

Directory enquiry numbers are not fixed rates for the duration of your contract, and therefore are not grounds to exit your contract, when they change.

That's like leasing a car on a fixed contract, and going back saying your breaking out from the lease because the price of fuel has gone up.

If you think this is a grounds to break, you need to get a copy of your contract ( you should have this already) and find where it says directory enquiry numbers are charged at X for a fixed term for the duration of your contract.

And for the record, if you want to break from mobile providers, its far more likely you can get out by being honest with the reason why, rather then trying to coax up some makey up legal stuff that is just not true. I contacted Meteor a few years ago saying that I simply wasn't happy paying the rate of contract I was on when competitiors were offering such better options and wanted to explore exiting my contract. Call ended with me getting a deal, that I've kept for the last six years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gufc21 wrote: »
    So I asked meteor for a copy of my contract to have a look at the t&c's just to have a read of the premium numbers stuff... this is the reply I got..

Hi John, 

If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Diarmuid

now I never got a copy of my contract when I upgraded. I did so over the phone and they never sent me a copy. Would that not mean that I don't actually have a contract and can just cancel the DD?

if you sign a 2 year contract, they get rid of it after 12 months? I smell b*llsh*t....:)

whiterebel wrote: »
    if you sign a 2 year contract, they get rid of it after 12 months? I smell b*llsh*t....:)

I know in accounts you must keep all documentation for 5 or 6 years. Would assume something similar with law, no?

maybe I should post in legal forum

• Advertisement

Asked sis about it there, trainee solicitor or something like that. Anyway she sent this back.

Asked the sol there she said she heard that too if they change terms and conditions then you can repudiate contract within 28 days . She said look on their website they might have terms and conditions there. It doesn't matter thy don't have a copy cause there's an oral agreement. It's only in land the rule is has to be written. She said do a data access request to annoy them. I can send u a precedent and u just post it in to them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

In related news,

If you can get out of contract and onto their pre pay plans, they're excellent!

20 euro top up for unlimited 4G data and either free calls or texts

or

30 euro top up for 4G unlimited and free calls and texts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Hi John, 

Regards,

Diarmuid

I had a separate issue where they started charging me more 12 months into an 18 month contract. After emails back and forth for ages during which they kept insisting that it was in the T+Cs I'd agreed to (it wasn't), but refusing just send me any links to any relevant section.
    In the end I asked for a copy of my contract to finally sort the issue and they claimed they didn't have one.

Seems a bit bizarre to me, not sure how they expect to prevent people leaving a contract if they don't actually have a copy..

MOH wrote: »
    I had a separate issue where they started charging me more 12 months into an 18 month contract. After emails back and forth for ages during which they kept insisting that it was in the T+Cs I'd agreed to (it wasn't), but refusing just send me any links to any relevant section.
    In the end I asked for a copy of my contract to finally sort the issue and they claimed they didn't have one.

Seems a bit bizarre to me, not sure how they expect to prevent people leaving a contract if they don't actually have a copy..

What was the resolution for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

has anyone got out of their contract? esp meteor?

Rang data protection commissioner. They said that meteor have to keep all personal data while you are still a customer. This includes your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So basically a Bargain Alert bs thread .

Back to paying the bills until a new upgrade is due

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

What was the resolution for this?

It dragged on to the point where the additional 6 months of my term ran out.
    I'm no longer a customer.

I'm still awaiting the resolution of a number of related issues (including a response to a data protection request for all information related to myself and my account, and an explanation for why they set up a new, unauthorised, direct debit against my account 3 months after I informed them I had cancelled the original DD due to repeated overcharging - I'd still been paying them directly).

Anyway, that's dragging things a bit off topic.
    They did make repeated claims about the T+Cs I was subject to which they were unable to back up.
    For anyone looking for their original T+Cs, archive.org is a good way to get a snapshot of the T+Cs at a particular time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from BA

Received this reply from Comreg
    Dear Torment,

Thank you for your email.

Emobile must advise all PAYG / Bill pay customers of this new tariff change to allow customer to decide if they want to cancel their contract based on this new tariff.
    These charges would mostly affect if people are making a lot of calls to Directory Enquiries.

http://www.emobile.ie/terms/?/general/billpaynotification/

You can contact your operator directly to query will it change your terms & conditions.

Yours sincerely,

"name"

ComReg Consumer Management

Commission for Communications Regulation
    Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street Dublin 1 Ireland

Surely Comreg agree that it us in breach of contract from this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Firstly, comreg haven't a clue about anything, and secondly they clearly state in the email you have to contact your carrier to see if there is a change in the terms and conditions. The statement that emobile have to inform you so you can decide *if* you want to cancel clearly puts the emphasis on *your choice*, not that the carrier has done anything to warrant voiding your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mull13

contacted them today and there is no change to my contract and that was it would have to pay off the rest of Mr contract if I want to leave

Advertisement