Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break Time & Lunch Times

Options
  • 21-10-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I work in a shop that deals with technology e.g. phones, tablets and am wondering what situation other shop workers are in.

I just came across this http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/hours_of_work/rest_periods_and_breaks.html and at the moment I work either 9.30am - 6pm or 10.30am - 7pm five days a week. I get a 30 minute lunch break (which is timed down to the second). I don't have any tea break/toilet breaks and after coming across this info on Citizens Advice, Im wondering if I am allowed to take a 1 hour lunch break and what other people in similar jobs do regarding lunch and break times.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement