Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driveshaft Snapped

Options
  • 21-10-2014 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi,
    2007 1.8 Corolla Verso Auto. Passenger driveshaft snapped when driving the other day. Toyota say they've never seen it happen but want ~€800 for the part.
    Trying to source a replacement part, wondering if a 1.6 driveshaft would fit the 1.8 model?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

ifElseThen wrote: »
    Hi,
    2007 1.8 Corolla Verso Auto. Passenger driveshaft snapped when driving the other day. Toyota say they've never seen it happen but want ~€800 for the part.
    Trying to source a replacement part, wondering if a 1.6 driveshaft would fit the 1.8 model?

Thanks in advance...

Typical :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if a 1.6 will do the job but I'll look into it (something tells me it does but I'll double check it anyway). I'll have a look round and see what I can find out for you, might even find one at a reasonable price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

dgt wrote: »
    Typical :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if a 1.6 will do the job but I'll look into it (something tells me it does but I'll double check it anyway). I'll have a look round and see what I can find out for you, might even find one at a reasonable price :D

i doubt they are denying that their cars have faults. moreso that they may have never seen a 1.8 auto verso snap a shaft before, which sounds believable, a manufacturing defect perhaps.

i assume the auto shafts are different, but maybe not. the 1.4 and 1.6 manual shafts are interchangeable but the 1.8 is not. i know this because i needed a passenger side inner CV for my car (a seemingly common problem) and a 1.6 verso shaft fitted my 1.4 petrol hatch.

i used toyodiy.com to see what part number fitted my car, then searched the part number to see what other cars it was used in. doing this with your car i got 43420-0F010 which has no other vehicle applications. maybe you could google it and get a re-con one on ebay or the likes.

i got a decent one in a scrap yard for €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Thanks DTG for that and thanks TFB for that link, was googling last night for an oem part no but no joy. This one seems like it would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Stick up a request on Partfinder.ie
    On a lot of the Jap stuff the driveshafts may seem the same but the inner or outer joints may be different.
    For instance, a 1.6 shaft might seem to be exactly the same but the inner 'spider' joint could be slightly smaller.

Regarding the one you linked to. It's pretty good value but check with them 1st in case it only fits a 1.8 manual Verso.

Advertisement