Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large lump sum transfer from Asia

Options
  • 21-10-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi.

My grandmother is selling one of her properties, to help me make a deposit for a house.
    She's looking to transfer somewhere in the region of €63k into my account.
    What would be the fees applied for this transaction at my end?
    This will be sent as a gift, so I would also like to know the documentation needed to declare this transaction as a gift towards a house deposit. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ibstar,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

The charges involved in receiving an International transfer in Euro from outside of the EU will depend on the amount transferred. As you have mentioned that the amount is above E1500, the charge applied by Bank of Ireland for this would be E12.50.

The amount sent by your grandmother will vary, depending on exchange rates, the sending banks charges and also any possible intermediary bank charges.

For more information on our fees and charges involved with this type of transfer please see here.

We would suggest that you contact Revenue.ie regarding any possible tax exemption and the documentation required for this request.

Best of luck with your new home and if we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

thank you for the information 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

You're more than welcome ibstar, 

Thanks for posting today. 

Elaine 

Advertisement