Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Axwell wrote: »
    Any reason why you have so many games left unplayed at this stage??

Trying to get games in the champ is mank, in all fairness. I've a feeling a lot of lads signed up just for the games, but never bother looking at boards to arrange matches etc. I'm due to play a load of them too, but some lads can't be got at all. Admittedly I've not played in the last week and a bit, maybe more, but that's due to a house move and no internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm usually floating around boards on my phone a lot so just send me a pm whenever you are ready and I'll hop on the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Only 2 remaining for Madrid in the premiership.

PSG - Parawind
    AS Roma - Ivefoundgod

Send me message on PSN whenever either of you want to play and it'll go through to my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I don't have too many left to play in the championship, assuming Bayern, City and Liverpool are not going to fufill their fixtures (they've made little to no effort to do so up until now). The lad that has City (Burrowsunder) is particularly ignorant as he's often online but never has the decency to reply.

Anybody else that I'm due to play, send me a PM on here if your online, I can jump on the ps4 at most times.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Lads be on and off the last while what with organising Xmas and that. If you see me in invite me hope to be on more regularly during Xmas holidays.

• Advertisement

Right Championship, my games left

Bayern Munich twice - GNR_MUFC - Looks like he is not fulfilling his games so can write off them

Man City twice - burrowsunder - same as above. Ignored my requests for matches.

Real Madrid twice - Dufflecoatsunris - same as first 2 guys. Also ignores my invites.

Chelsea - RoLad001 - I'm sure i'll catch him one of the days

PSG twice - AvaKz - internet problems

Spurs twice coff2004 - can't remember seeing much of him tbh

Liverpool twice kevinseymour88 - don't think these games will happen

Napoli - Frankie_5Angels - agreed to play soon

Roma - Faber-005 - hoping to see him around soon

Juventus - livelyjojo - same as above.

Realistically out of those 16 games I can only see me getting to play 4 games. Think it's fair to say at this stage there is quite a bit of deadwood in the championship. Incidentally it has made for an enjoyable league when none of the top hitter teams like Madrid etc are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Cjayses wrote: »
    Only 2 remaining for Madrid in the premiership.

PSG - Parawind
    AS Roma - Ivefoundgod

Send me message on PSN whenever either of you want to play and it'll go through to my phone.

On for the next hour or two if you're around? If not i'll be on over christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Sorry guys I've been pretty busy lately (AS Roma) and I'm around now for those who need to play me as I've lost count at this stage!

I'm online now to play ya

I'll be getting internet tonight \o/

If I can't get on tonight I'll defo be on tomorrow until maybe 5/6. Best post here if anyone wants to arrange a game, PSN is sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'll be getting internet tonight \o/

If I can't get on tonight I'll defo be on tomorrow until maybe 5/6. Best post here if anyone wants to arrange a game, PSN is sh1te.

I should be on over the next few nights if anyone wants to play. Oh and PSN messaging has got a whole lot better recently.
    Championship - Juventus - GT: livelyjojo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah the PSN messaging seemed a bit better last night when I was on. Still, PMs here are probably the easiest thing

I found a while ago the PSN messaging improved no end, but then it went to sh1t again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The league closes next Sunday at midnight so last chance to get games played before then.

Would suggest actively messaging people about fixtures rather than just posting here hoping for the best.

Quite a few wont be invited back next season due to a poor showing this season when it came to getting games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads I've no WiFi until Tuesday evening.. upc acting up again.. so hoping to get all mine finished up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I've only.2 left myself in the premiership. psg and Liverpool. can be be played any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will be on tonight to finish up my games man United and man City left I thnk

Fuzzy, the PS was on but wasn't paying attention to it when you messaged (actually, I was hoovering!). I'm available any time during the day tomorrow, maybe very late this evening. Apologies, wasn't ignoring you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fuzzy, the PS was on but wasn't paying attention to it when you messaged (actually, I was hoovering!). I'm available any time during the day tomorrow, maybe very late this evening. Apologies, wasn't ignoring you mate.

No worries, just spammed everyone that it said was on. I should be on tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have a bunch of games yet to play but with work, Christmas, kids, lizard c****s, etc I doubt if I will get them all played.
    I did spend a lot of time at the start of the league messaging people but found it very frustrating waiting for a response especially when I only have a couple of hours a night to myself.
    Anyway I should be on from Thursday to Sunday night if anyone wants to play
    Championship - Juventus - livelyjojo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey capajoma sorry I wasn't on the PlayStation when you added me I'll try and get on tonight to play our game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Final Standings

Premiership
    Prem-1.jpg

Congrats to the runaway winner Real Madrid.
    Juventus, Arsenal & Liverpool have been relegated.

Championship
    Championship-1.jpg

Man Utd, Everton and Barcelona have been promoted.

There will be a good few from this leagues that will not be invited back next season due to not attempting to get any games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I had one result which was never posted vs Roma which was a draw ( I thought it was added ) but sure it would have only help me be off the bottom. Good league guys and well done to the lads that organised it. I didnt finish all my games but it wasn't for the want of trying just on at different times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Goal bloody difference ... all those 6-0 thumping's come back to haunt me ... enjoyed the league, what happens now a couple of weeks break ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Same people or how do we sign up for next ones :D times ppl usually play at? Wouldnt usually be on till late with kid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Looking forward to playing in the big leagues next season! It's unbelievable the number of games played in the premiership in comparison to the championship. Cheers to the mods for organising it and the lads I've played against, don't think I've seen any dickish play at all this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭bren2001

Congratulations to Real Madrid on the Premier League, a runaway victory in the end. Glad to avoid the dreaded relegation, it seems my run towards the end of taking 6 points from Chelsea and Real Madrid towards the end saved me. Might stick to the new formation :p

Annoyed I couldnt fufill all my fixtures. Bought a house and moved out around week 6, tried my best to catch up on the rest. Should have gotten the second games against Spurs, Liverpool and United played but could never seem to get online at the same times. Look forward to next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

My apologies to all, I had fallen behind on fixtures about half way through due to work commitments and when I though I would have some down time to catch up PSN was down.

Unfortunately gone are the glory days when it was quick and easy to organise a few league matches, it feels like you need to give up an entire evening to get 1 or 2 games played now. (This is an EA and PSN targeted comment, nothing to do with the other players.)

What I would like to say is thank you to Mr moon and Axwell for their efforts as always. I really did enjoy every game this season and it seems to be the best behaved league I have seen for a long time, played in the right way.

ggs all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sorry to coff (spurs) for not getting on the last few nights to play our game as I said I would. Something came up and I was busy every night.

The rest of my opponents were not around so that's the only game I missed I think.

31 points from 25 games is poor, even if I was using Shakhtar :o
    I'll probably use them again next season though. I figured out how to play with them after about 15 games! :D

• Advertisement

Apologies again to Fuzzy for not coming back to you for our second game. A change in living circumstances and only having one telly for the moment has limited my game time and, well, there was money to be made in GTA. Not exactly a great excuse I know, sorry man - you probably would have walloped me again anyway!

To anyone else I managed to play, well done as most of you beat me :pac:. I think I beat Blatter/Man U when the Napoli team were in form, so that's probably my highlight.

Whether or not I'm allowed back due to lack of games played, fair play to Mr Moon and Axwell for taking the time to organise it.

Advertisement