Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Well done to real Madrid on the prem

Special shoutout to Everton and Spurs who I taught were the best players, and would Not like to play them with a better team!

Struggled with Dortmund at start but grown to love them, top 3 are lethal and hummels cleans up!

Happy with 2nd! Looking forward to next season

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

When will sign ups (if any) for next season begin?

Took part and did quite well in a number of leagues and tournaments here for Fifa 10,11 & 12 and would love to get involved again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We will post an update in a week or two with a signup thread for new players to apply and a list of those invited back who can confirm they are taking part again. Anyone interested note you will be expected to play 3-4 games a week and not fall behind, do not join up and waste peoples time if you cant commit to this. Most people are on in the evenings from around 8-11 and at weekends.

This season was the first we ran on ps4 so we were a bit more lenient when it came to people falling behind on games, this will not be the case going forward so again do not waste our time as organisers and that of those taking part if you cant commit to playing your games, it makes a mess of the fixtures and the overall league.

The same applies to anyone that took part this season that isnt going to make more of an effort next season as a lot of you fell behind and didnt get games played. I dont want a load of excuses or ifs and buts, if some people can manage to play all there games or 20+ then there is no reason why everyone else couldnt either. Its up to everyone to organise their fixtures, not wait for others to come looking for them. The same applies to results, post the results after you play the game and dont be leaving them expecting the other person to do it or expecting us to add them all in at the end because neither of you decided to report the result at the time.

As I said we will update the thread in a week or two but people need to make more of an effort going forward so that its a better season for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Axwell wrote: »
    As I said we will update the thread in a week or two but people need to make more of an effort going forward so that its a better season for everyone.

Cheers, should be no problem getting games played, I'm around most nights and I've taken part in a few before and was usually able to get most if not all games played.

I'll keep an eye out for the sign ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Fair play lads for organising it all.. raging I didn't get to finish off my last few games as I had good chance of coming 2nd in the prem..

Had no internet for 9 days thanks to upc so I can blame them on it haha..

I enjoyed the league and not one bad thing to say about any player.. all played fairly and win or lose was always a gg message in my inbox

Just one small suggestion for next league.. I was bayern in this league and didn't enjoy being them.. some players found it tough to score against Neuer and vice versa for me against the the big clubs and also felt game play was all hypered up.. what about a league of 4 star teams? Just a suggestion ignore me if I standing on toes or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well happy with this years league , Compared to when i used take part in the xbox 360 leagues I got whooped nearly every 2nd game but this season despite being relegated I thought i did well enough a lot of the games there were nothing in them , Yes i had some massive hidings mostly from the two lads who finished at the top Well done again to Axwell and Mr. Moon enjoyed 4 good games against those lads too

Hopefully i can get a better team next time out , Arsenals defence is just shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Fair play lads for organising it all.. raging I didn't get to finish off my last few games as I had good chance of coming 2nd in the prem..

Had no internet for 9 days thanks to upc so I can blame them on it haha..

I enjoyed the league and not one bad thing to say about any player.. all played fairly and win or lose was always a gg message in my inbox

Just one small suggestion for next league.. I was bayern in this league and didn't enjoy being them.. some players found it tough to score against Neuer and vice versa for me against the the big clubs and also felt game play was all hypered up.. what about a league of 4 star teams? Just a suggestion ignore me if I standing on toes or anything

Wouldn't mind a change up of teams myself, I had a bit of a strop halfway through as I just couldn't keep up with the likes of real and that too fast. Maybe we could all post our level that way the weaker players players have a bit of a chance just an idea happy enough now just to go as is if invited back that is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Wouldn't mind a change up of teams myself, I had a bit of a strop halfway through as I just couldn't keep up with the likes of real and that too fast. Maybe we could all post our level that way the weaker players players have a bit of a chance just an idea happy enough now just to go as is if invited back that is

From my reading it will be seeded this time so shouldn't be as bad in terms of mismatches.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Many thanks to Axwell and Mr Moon for organising a very enjoyable league. Never expected to win the Premiership so I'm delighted, even if it was with Real Madrid. Looking forward to getting last pick next season so you can all see how average I really am!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I think we should just swap teams........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Cjayses wrote: »
    Many thanks to Axwell and Mr Moon for organising a very enjoyable league. Never expected to win the Premiership so I'm delighted, even if it was with Real Madrid. Looking forward to getting last pick next season so you can all see how average I really am!

I taught it was first had first pick no. If it's winner has last pick will defo make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I think we should just swap teams........

I agree.. the 5 star teams ruin it a bit.. big selection on 4 star teams which would make it fair all around and nobody has any complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

I taught it was first had first pick no. If it's winner has last pick will defo make it interesting.

That's how it's been done in previous seasons. Not sure if it'll be done differently this time around. It's a fair system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Cjayses wrote: »
    That's how it's been done in previous seasons. Not sure if it'll be done differently this time around. It's a fair system though.

ah that's fair enough will make it a lot more interesting too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So when should this new league be starting up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I'd like to be involved with the next league set up. Any ideas if it'll be starting up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We will be posting an update in the next few days.

Firstly those who are invited back will be given the chance to confirm their spot then we will open up a number of places for new signups.

We will post a sign up thread and those looking to join can put there name down.

Time wasters need not apply, we will be cracking down big time this season on people not playing games and people will be kicked from the league and blacklisted for not keeping up. So if you feel you cant commit then dont sign up and waste peoples time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Any certain time matches are played?? Can only really get on like after 10 or 12 most nights. But then prob at the wrong end of a number slaughterings in it -.-

There is no set times you have to organise to get your games played between yourself and whoever you have fixtures with. Most people are on usually between 8-11, after 12 is unlikely if thats when you are usually online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

anyone planning on streaming their matches btw? or not wanna give away tactics :D

• Advertisement

Returning players please sign up here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057375046

Thread for new players also setup.

Team picks will be starting in the next few days lads - keep an eye on the thread and your pms. Want to get them out of the way quickly and started next weekend.

Been up to my eyes with work all week - will get the picks rolling over the weekend.

Any more updates on this guys ?

Sorting out picks and new members..will be posting them today or tomorrow to get it stared

Picks are go!!

Edit - Hold that thought..gremlin in the works. Will repost them shortly

Edit annndddd we're back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is my pick ok?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is my pick ok?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Pick sent

• Advertisement

Sent off my 3 picks

Advertisement