Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on this for a while . Anyone who needs to play QPR from week 4 and 5 I will be around all this week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Spurs - giggsy
    valencia - septicmutant
    wolfsburg - wilson91
    everton - kingcoolio

I'll be around tonight if any of you lads are about?

Benfica - Premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Hey guys apologies been sick as hell since last Thursday will be back online tomorrow after 5 to try and get through some of my backlog Athletico Madrid in the premiership here

On now if you're about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Oat23 wrote: »
    Spurs - giggsy
    valencia - septicmutant
    wolfsburg - wilson91
    everton - kingcoolio

I'll be around tonight if any of you lads are about?

Benfica - Premiership

I'll be on after 9 tonight for a few hours and all weekend.

Looking to play Is arsenal championship from last week fixtures ill shall be on all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

Everton in the premiership should be around tonight.

Sorry I missed you Oat23.
    Will you be around tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

congress3 wrote: »
    Everton in the premiership should be around tonight.

Sorry I missed you Oat23.
    Will you be around tonight?

I'll be on around 9.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cjayses wrote: »
    On now if you're about!

Sorry i keep missing you mate i'll be on tonight for defo

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Fallen a bit behind on my fixtures(championship Porto)
    I should be on a good bit over the weekend. Need to play:
    Athletico
    Schalke
    Liverpool(x2)
    Napoli
    QPR
    Tottenham
    Valencia
    Ac Milan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Connavar wrote: »
    Fallen a bit behind on my fixtures(championship)
    I should be on a good bit over the weekend. Need to play:
    Athletico
    Schalke
    Liverpool(x2)
    Napoli
    QPR
    Tottenham
    Valencia
    Ac Milan

which team are you? ive to play one week 5 game(asaik) then my newly added week 6 fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

MarkY91 wrote: »
    which team are you? ive to play one week 5 game(asaik) then my newly added week 6 fixtures
    Porto

MarkY91 wrote: »

I am QPR I will be on 10min

Qpr is on on for the championship league will be on for the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Unearthly wrote: »
    Week 6
    Championship
    Roma(olaizola) 2-3 Wolfsburg(kngosh)

I was well beaten tbh. Felt like he tactically outsmarted me. well played

GG, same team and setup as first game. But I actually found you really hard to play in the first game, couldn't deal with the high pressure and pace. So this game I kind of knew to expect that and just tried to pass it quicker to where space opened up. Though you still close me down very well at goal kicks!

Still could have easily lost it I feel, my first goal to get back level was a bit lucky. I was happy making a game of it this time at least. And now two wins on the bounce I believe. Maybe I won't finish bottom...

Hi guys this is just for the championship league I haven't got games done from week 5 also I need one game from week 4 the game sorry I'm so behind. My team is QPR ill be on all this week end to get the games done. Sorry again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

When does a new season start? Are there other leagues on boards?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What's wrong with cut backs? If I'm on the by line what else can I do?

You are playing Fifa long enough to know they are a lousy tactic over used by those playing online looking for a win at all costs. They are classless and its not like you found yourself at the by line once or did it just the odd time, its a tactic you tried to score from for the full 90 minutes..all 3 of your goals were cut backs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

phobia2011 wrote: »
    When does a new season start? Are there other leagues on boards?

In a few weeks. No there arent. Keep an eye out for a sign up thread for the next season and stick your name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Axwell wrote: »
    You are playing Fifa long enough to know they are a lousy tactic over used by those playing online looking for a win at all costs. They are classless and its not like you found yourself at the by line once, its a tactic you tried to score from for the full 90 minutes..all 3 of your goals were cut backs.

i know im guna regret asking this but what's a cut back? or do i have another name for it :o

i know im guna regret asking this but what's a cut back? or do i have another name for it :o

Down the wing, in across the by line..squaring it to a player running in and the keepers just stand there frozen to the ground. Over used by online players since FIFA has begun.

• Advertisement

Down the wing, in across the by line..squaring it to a player running in and the keepers just stand there frozen to the ground. Over used by online players since FIFA has begun.

Ah I call that the tramp goal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guys is it me or is the scoring from the kickoff glitch not allowed in the leagues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Well what's a guy supposed to do, take a shot from a bad angle and get either a corner or nothing ? Unless it's constantly being done then really there's no problem

Constant spamming over the top balls to Ibarbo, Aubameyang etc, that's scummy and overused

How often are the squads' form changed in seasons mode? Overnight Huntelaar, Howedes, Meyer and Hoger are on the worst form I've ever seen. The whole spine of the team is crap all of a sudden but they were grand yesterday?

Well what's a guy supposed to do, take a shot from a bad angle and get either a corner or nothing ? Unless it's constantly being done then really there's no problem

Constant spamming over the top balls to Ibarbo, Aubameyang etc, that's scummy and overused

When its all the player attempts to do its not a once off or because they found themselves in that position.

How often are the squads' form changed in seasons mode? Overnight Huntelaar, Howedes, Meyer and Hoger are on the worst form I've ever seen. The whole spine of the team is crap all of a sudden but they were grand yesterday?

Every week

Guys is it me or is the scoring from the kickoff glitch not allowed in the leagues ?

That was patched but people are expected to play in a sporting manner as ive said season after season and shouldnt be trying it anyways. Unfortunately some dont get the whole sporting bit..

Every week

Every Friday so? I played you yesterday and Huntelaar was on 82, Meyer 79, Howedes 82, Hoger 76. Now they're 80, 76, 80 and 74 respectively. Don't have a hope of winning games this week! :pac:

Every Friday so? I played you yesterday and Huntelaar was on 82, Meyer 79, Howedes 82, Hoger 76. Now they're 80, 76, 80 and 74 respectively. Don't have a hope of winning games this week! :pac:

Why couldnt i of waited till today to play our match :( u need more loses :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

When its all the player attempts to do its not a once off or because they found themselves in that position.

It's not a tactic I've used myself, haven't got the patience, wouldn't bother me really though, like anything if someone catches me once I'll try and adapt to prevent reoccurrence.

Advertisement