Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Spurs in the Championship here, I'll be on later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What are total amount of games played per season?

I wouldnt be worrying yourself with it, you already marked yourself as one who wont be playing next season..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Axwell wrote: »
    I wouldnt be worrying yourself with it, you already marked yourself as one who wont be playing next season..

Shame that, I was hoping to teach you a few lessons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'll be on all evening from about 8.30 or so. Schalke in the championship. Hoping I'll return home from travels today to find Schalke getting some positive upgrades to their players!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I can play you around then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Napoli in the premiership, will be online for an hour or two. Message on psn if you wanna play.

schalke in the championship. Have Arsenal, PSV and Porto still to play. Will be free all day and tonight.

Also do we know how many people get promoted from the championship? And do the promoted clubs get the 1st picks in the draft?

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Also do we know how many people get promoted from the championship? And do the promoted clubs get the 1st picks in the draft?

3 get promoted, and no they don't.

3 get promoted, and no they don't.

Cheers. What way is the pick order determined then?

We seed people based on their points for the season

• Advertisement

We seed people based on their points for the season

Ah i had assumed that would be for the people who held in the premiership and that the promoted teams would be considered the last place ones. Guess if i do manage to go up i won't be getting one of the teams i'd hoped for. :o

Ah i had assumed that would be for the people who held in the premiership and that the promoted teams would be considered the last place ones. Guess if i do manage to go up i won't be getting one of the teams i'd hoped for. :o

That would mean you would then be considered the worst player (for want of a word) in the premiership which wouldn't be true or fair and would completely ignore how you did in the previous season.

That would mean you would then be considered the worst player (for want of a word) in the premiership which wouldn't be true or fair and would completely ignore how you did in the previous season.

Ah i'm not arguing with the way it works or anything like that and tbh i think it will prob be fairer but at the same time in general the standard of the second tier would be assumed to be lower than the top tier making it easier to amass a higher points total.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ah i'm not arguing with the way it works or anything like that and tbh i think it will prob be fairer but at the same time in general the standard of the second tier would be assumed to be lower than the top tier making it easier to amass a higher points total.

Kind off, but the initial formation for the premiership was first come first in so the leagues are not necessarily a reflection that the best players are in the best division. It will level out more after this season.

I got promoted last year in second and got 4th last pick. The way the structure is now means that it's not an absolutely massive hindrance to be nearly last pick in comparison to when Madrid and Bayern et al were options.

The standard would be lower if over a number of seasons the same players played and weaker moved down and stronger moved up. However the championship is pretty much all new players first come first served and the premiership took on extra from last season. So neither is a true reflection based on performance, that would happen in time but people dont commit or drop out mid season so we work with whats left.

The standard would be lower if over a number of seasons the same players played and weaker moved down and stronger moved up. However the championship is pretty much all new players first come first served and the premiership took on extra from last season. So neither is a true reflection based on performance, that would happen in time but people dont commit or drop out mid season so we work with whats left.

Ya i'm prob in a run before walking mindset. Ignore my ramblings, league is a blast anyway tho! Have had some awesome games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The promotion spots are quite close at the moment.

big matches v psv and inter for me next week

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Im on now and should be about for a bit. i'm Fiorentina in the championship. ive to play

psv
    liverpool
    Valencia x 2
    arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Spur in the premier league on now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ya i'm prob in a run before walking mindset. Ignore my ramblings, league is a blast anyway tho! Have had some awesome games.

Just like our 5-4 today : P

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just like our 5-4 today : P

Yup... tho i prefer a nice 1-0. ;) I think i'm the Jose of fifa...

One thing i will say is that its great that so many games are so close, very few hammerings and in general the sportsmanship is superb across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Gonna be on the next ten mind for a few games. I've Zenit, Spurs and Wolfsburg x 2 to play. Valencia in the Premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Yup... tho i prefer a nice 1-0. ;) I think i'm the Jose of fifa...

One thing i will say is that its great that so many games are so close, very few hammerings and in general the sportsmanship is superb across the board.

Boring boring schalke!

If only for my 5 losses from first 7, I figure I'd be in the title race.

Next year is my year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Just waiting on Atletico Madrid (Double Header) in the premier league and I should be back up to date up untill week 7 in terms of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I am defo the worst player in the premiership if that helps lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

@ Giggsy i'll be on tomorow all day

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I should be on from nine ish this evening(if not msg me on psn if you need a game)
    Need to play
    Schalke
    Valencia
    Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

Think these are my fixtures at the moment, I'll be on tonight about 8:30/9 if anyone is available (Liverpool in Premiership) -

Gameweek 4
    Liverpool v Everton (KingCoolio1)
    Porto v Liverpool (Capajoma)

Gameweek 5
    Zenit St Petersburg vs Liverpool (Steirishrover)

Gameweek 6
    Wolfsburg v Liverpool (Wilson91)
    Liverpool v Arsenal (brenh2001)

Gameweek 7
    Roma v Liverpool (DJ-DigitalMoose)
    Liverpool v Bilbao (zizou18101)
    Atl. Madrid v Liverpool (brianregan09)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭bren2001

theflesh wrote: »
    Think these are my fixtures at the moment, I'll be on tonight about 8:30/9 if anyone is available (Liverpool in Premiership) -

Gameweek 4
    Liverpool v Everton (KingCoolio1)
    Porto v Liverpool (Capajoma)

Gameweek 5
    Zenit St Petersburg vs Liverpool (Steirishrover)

Gameweek 6
    Wolfsburg v Liverpool (Wilson91)
    Liverpool v Arsenal (brenh2001)

Gameweek 7
    Roma v Liverpool (DJ-DigitalMoose)
    Liverpool v Bilbao (zizou18101)
    Atl. Madrid v Liverpool (brianregan09)

I'll be on tonight from around the same time. Arsenal PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Arsenal in championship on this evening.
    Need to play Fiorentina x2 , Liverpool , Everton , Schalke, Poro & Inter.
    Let me know if you'll be on.

Advertisement