Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoLad001

Lads I'll he on most of the night to catch up on my remaining fixtures. Championship: PSG ROMA ARSENAL SPURS ATHLETICO MADRID pm me if your on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Sure I'll be on after 9 pm. (Roma)

Give me a mail when your ready. On for the next hour or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Gene_Parmesan

Any idea what the tables look like at the minute lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭bren2001

theflesh and Capajoma, if you's are going to be online tonight let me know, I'll pop on and play our week one fixtures

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

MOD Note:

Can you keep all talk that isn't result related out of the fixtures/results thread. I'm deleting them all as I go along.

For people asking about 3 fixtures, yes there's an uneven number of teams so some people will only have 3 fixtures some weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Prem - chelsea, bayern, everton im going on now if any of you want our game - im dortmund mcnoodle15

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Prem - chelsea, bayern, everton im going on now if any of you want our game - im dortmund mcnoodle15

I'll be on shortly man and I'll give ya a game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sent u a message there to play but ya just logged off as i sent it. Will be in for a bit if you see this

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

sorry axwell and ste psn acting up cant see any message or send them and it freezes when updating squad gonna try once more if not ill leave it tonight im around most weekend

axwell id know idea about cant score from kickoff, ive had plenty scored on me this way and with the quick corner glitch, its a part of the game like pull backs, just have to defend them.

im happy to play a rematch if you want it

We didnt define each and every rule, so its not a set rule that you cant do them. Its a known glitch as opposed to pull backs or sweaty goals which are just situations in play. This is a clear glitch that EA should have patched from day one. Its a league amongst people on boards, supposed to be played in a sporting manner. Doing it against some randomer online or a mate is a different story. To me using a known glitch like that to get a goal is pathetic and goes against what the league is about. If people are doing it then they clearly dont play in a sporting manner. I dont have time for that or people that do it when playing in the league and knowing how the league should be played. The same would apply to people who go around just hacking players down all the time or any other unsporting type play. The majority I played dont need to resort to it and try get a goal back out of desperation when they conceed. I'm not looking for a rematch of the game and the result stands as is, I just prefer to lose to someone who beats me on merit whether it be by one goal or ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Axwell wrote: »
    We didnt define each and every rule, so its not a set rule that you cant do them. Its a known glitch as opposed to pull backs or sweaty goals which are just situations in play. This is a clear glitch that EA should have patched from day one. Its a league amongst people on boards, supposed to be played in a sporting manner. Doing it against some randomer online or a mate is a different story. To me using a known glitch like that to get a goal is pathetic and goes against what the league is about. If people are doing it then they clearly dont play in a sporting manner. I dont have time for that or people that do it when playing in the league and knowing how the league should be played. The same would apply to people who go around just hacking players down all the time or any other unsporting type play. The majority I played dont need to resort to it and try get a goal back out of desperation when they conceed. I'm not looking for a rematch of the game and the result stands as is, I just prefer to lose to someone who beats me on merit whether it be by one goal or ten.

Well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Just to be clear, what do we mean by the kick off glitch? Is it the way it's so easy to run straight through or is it the old one with the lobbed through ball?

Either way it's a pain in the ass and would be a good gentlemans rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just to be clear, what do we mean by the kick off glitch? Is it the way it's so easy to run straight through or is it the old one with the lobbed through ball?

both i say. the lobbed through ball still works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

both i say. the lobbed through ball still works.

Yeah I wasn't really sure if the lob still worked. I've never used it or even really seen it used on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Lobbed through ball i think. I've never considered it way too easy to run through from kick off? Only ever seen lads sometimes get through to the defenders before losing possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The run through midfield is rampant in this years version. It's got so bad that I move my players further back for every kick off as I expect it.

Maybe I've just played sound people so.

Tip off glitch is from a tip off running straight through the opposition which EA for some reason make stand there like statues and you can run by everyone and score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Atletico in championship available from tomorrow to catch up on all my games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

AS Roma in Championship will be available this evening from 5 pm to 8.

• Advertisement

I'm around for most of the evening if anyone is up for a game. I'm Roma in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    AS Roma in Championship will be available this evening from 5 pm to 8.

Send invite when your ready. Septicmutant (everton)

I've to play Spurs from last week's fixtures along with Bayern, Barca, Atletico and Dortmund this week. Will be on till 6 tonight and then from 10-11 if anyone's on

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

If any of Everton, Liverpool, Man City or PSG in the Premiership are around this evening I'll be on between 7 and 9 (Man Utd / paddysnorch)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

PSG in the prem on now to catch up on fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

My remaining games, I'll be on tonight from about 8.30/9.00 for an hour, but from 7.30/8pm tomorrow.

Juventus - Livelyjojo (didn't see you on the weekend man, but I'll get you tonight or tomorrow night?)
    Liverpool - Kevin Seymour (psn in a gowl, mate, messaging is all over the shop. I'll defo get you next time you're on).

Man City - the whole year inn
    PSG - Avkz/Masti123

I'll add these two on PSN tonight.

Real Madrid - dufflecoatsunrise
    Shaktar - Oat (I see you on most nights mate, I'll play you soon)
    Spurs - Bartlett/Coff2004
    Arsenal - Unearthly/Olaizola (Welbeck up front for this, cheers! :) )

Can yous let me know when you expect to be on and we'll see what's what?

BTW, lads using the tip-off glitch, don't be geebags.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Is anyone having problems with psn?

I'm receiving noticifications of invites for matches etc and when I go to receive the messages are not their until at least 10 mins later

And also it's not letting me delete old messages

Anyone having similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I'm receiving noticifications of invites for matches etc and when I go to receive the messages are not their until at least 10 mins later

Yep it's messed up alright making it hard to even see game invites for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Me! :) PSN is a pile of sh1te. Connecting to the store or sending/receiving messages is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shaktar - Oat (I see you on most nights mate, I'll play you soon)

Didn't realise I had a game against you but I checked again and you're right. If you see me on COD just message and I'll jump on FIFA to play you :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Atleti In championship on now not sure who I've to play. (probably pretty much everyone)

Advertisement