Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre and current connection speed problems

Options
  • 22-10-2014 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Was just wondering about my connection speed. I originally had 7mb and briefly switched to vodafone who could only give me 3mb so came back to eircom and can only get 3mb now as well. Just wondering how that could be as i had 7mb originally. Also the town im in has efibre now for the last month or so and i know of two estates that have it but for some reason i cant get it and cant be giving an answered as to when, if at all, i will be getting it. Even most people seem to be able to get NGB with speeds of 16mb but im not and im just wondering why this is. Does it have anything to do with my line been run over the pole while others seems to be underground? if so is there anyway to solve this? 

Thanks,
    Donal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

R3aPeR wrote: »
    Hi,

Was just wondering about my connection speed. I originally had 7mb and briefly switched to vodafone who could only give me 3mb so came back to eircom and can only get 3mb now as well. Just wondering how that could be as i had 7mb originally. Also the town im in has efibre now for the last month or so and i know of two estates that have it but for some reason i cant get it and cant be giving an answered as to when, if at all, i will be getting it. Even most people seem to be able to get NGB with speeds of 16mb but im not and im just wondering why this is. Does it have anything to do with my line been run over the pole while others seems to be underground? if so is there anyway to solve this? 

Thanks,
    Donal
    HI R3aPeR

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement