Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staying in a hotel

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

TheZohan wrote: »
    Ah...I've just filled out the breakfast menu...there's no way they'll deliver that amount of food... I'll post pics if they do...

Did you get the breakfast or what? :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've images of a fat Scottish man playing the bag pipes beside you.

He had just used the loo, that's the reason the seat was warm.

OMG, who would have a fat Scottish man toilet seat warmer and why is he playing the bagpipes?! :confused::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Checking out!
    I stay in hotels all the time for work and fcuking hate it!!

Miserable places to be when travelling alone, much rather be in a hostel to be honest!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Best hotels to stay in are airport hotels at major hubs preferably at the weekend.
    The bar is always packed with cabin crew babes from Emirates, BA, Singapore, Lufthansa, etc who all have their own rooms, a 24 hour layover and the knowledge that they will never see you again after what happens that night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Room Service is excellent, except for having to put clothes on to take the food delivery, the phone calls 5 minutes after getting the food to see how it is. Then the next call 5 minutes later to see if you are finished, getting kinda covered up afterwards to dump the tray outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

waking up half cut followed by a swim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The Master wrote: »
    Did you get the breakfast or what? :p

I did, it arrived about 10min ago. They forgot the toast! Pretty average breakfast...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I did, it arrived about 10min ago. They forgot the toast! Pretty average breakfast...

We were promised pics of this huge breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16lh5bn&s=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Herself doesn't trust me to sit in the bar and not over indulge while she gets ready for dinner, so I have become quite accustomed to ringing room service and having them bring me up a few beers which I enjoy whilst reclined on top of thebed.

This is frowned upon at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Herself doesn't trust me to sit in the bar and not over indulge while she gets ready for dinner, so I have become quite accustomed to ringing room service and having them bring me up a few beers which I enjoy whilst reclined on top of thebed.

This is frowned upon at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Plenty of jam anyway...take those with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Having a bar in the same building as your bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

scudzilla wrote: »
    Phone reception and tell them you've just found out you have a very early meeting and you'll need a wake up call st 5am, give your friends room number, don that one a few times

Hotel receptions can normally tell what room you are dialing from - I can't imagine that they'd pay too much notice to scudzilla in room 124 requesting an alarm call for room 148.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I'm a big fan of the Linton Travel Tavern as it's equi-distant between London and Norwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Heading home with a new kettle, mirror, duvet, towels, toilet seat, bulbs and batteries.

They do complimentary batteries in hotels now? What size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    They do complimentary batteries in hotels now? What size?

Yeah, in case your dildo runs low.

TV and air con remotes would be obvious targets for batteries I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Lalealea wrote: »
    Just one thing. Forgive me please, but why was there plasma in the toilet?

Perhaps the toilet was converted into a high energy physics lab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

So what's your favourite part of staying in a hotel?

Jumping on the bed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

The amount germs from 1000s of people in a hotel room is staggering.

Especially the remote controls.

I'd say the carpet is covered in a lot of man juice..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

gramar wrote: »
    Yeah, in case your dildo runs low.

You shouldn't put batteries in your dildo. You'll break it.

I have spent a fair bit of time in hotels due to a job I took about a year ago.

In the beginning it was such a novelty and I really enjoyed using everything that came with the room, the teas, coffees, shampoo and shower gels. I used them even if I didn't really want to, just so I could feel like I got my money's worth (even though I wasn't paying, my company was).

Now I feel numb and weary staying in a hotel, it's become just "that place after work where my bed is" and doesn't have the same novelty at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Egginacup wrote: »
    Best hotels to stay in are airport hotels at major hubs preferably at the weekend.
    The bar is always packed with cabin crew babes from Emirates, BA, Singapore, Lufthansa, etc who all have their own rooms, a 24 hour layover and the knowledge that they will never see you again after what happens that night.

You've been at the Mill's and Boone books again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 nidgeweaseal

Taking a big ****e in the bed before I leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ive stayed in hotels for work related business before and there was something so relaxing about finishing work and heading back by yourself to a nice quite cossy room with a big bed and tv and no one around you.

Staying in quality hotels and ordering the best from the menu. Then passing the expense onto the company :cool:. Oh I do miss all that since I became my own boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Checkout at 4pm.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

gramar wrote: »
    Bidet jaysus!
    Tzardine wrote: »
    I am writing this from a hotel in Bilbao and without a shadow of a doubt, the best thing about staying in a hotel (outside of Ireland) is the ass washer !!

If it was a really fancy hotel in Bilbao the ass washer could have been called Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Reading the Gideon Bible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

KungPao wrote: »
    Pulling back the sheets to discover the horrors that lie beneath.

Creating the horrors

branie2 wrote: »
    Reading the Gideon Bible

**** into the Gideon bible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

mark_jmc wrote: »
    If it was a really fancy hotel in Bilbao the ass washer could have been called Jose

His brother works there - hose b...

I'm currently living in an apartment with just a shower room, no tub. So the best thing about nice hotels is the big soaking tub. I'd love a nice bath now. :(

Candie wrote: »
    I'm currently living in an apartment with just a shower room, no tub. So the best thing about nice hotels is the big soaking tub. I'd love a nice bath now. :(

You could do with one and all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Whatever you do, don't use the glasses in the room/bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Favorite part of staying in a hotel for me is getting the ride, and cleaning the cock with the curtains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Favorite part of staying in a hotel for me is getting the ride, and cleaning the cock with the curtains.
    Ah, the zuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Apparently, the most spunk covered things in the world are hotel room remote controls.

Apart from yore Ma's tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I was going to say how soft the beds are, but ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I used the bidet as a foot cooler post lots of walking around Rome.

There was a TV in the bathroom also :confused:

I think the best part of staying in a hotel is not having to make the bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Our company policy is that one of us gets a suite whenever we have layovers, some of that asian hotels that we have used are bloody amazing, sad thing is that we are banned from shagging any of our colleagues :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Larianne wrote: »
    I used the bidet as a foot cooler post lots of walking around Rome.

There was a TV in the bathroom also :confused:

I think the best part of staying in a hotel is not having to make the bed :D

I've never made the bed ever...best part of being married!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Went to new york to get engaged. (Suprise of course)

Stayed in the waldorf astoria. Got upgraded to a suite which belonged to frank sinatra back in the day.

Immense.

Floor to ceiling white marble.

Big ass bed that we got to make plenty of use of.

Yes, I had sex in Frank Sinatra's suite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

It gets boring.

For the past two weeks I've been working quite a distance from home, so I've been staying in a hotel Monday to Friday. I mean, its nice to have someone do everything for you, everything is free too, but the sex I miss out on brings a tear to my eye. I get bored so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You get the channels on the television such as BBC, UTV and Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Inspecting and criticising the fire escape plan on the back of the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

cruais wrote: »
    Went to new york to get engaged. (Suprise of course)

Stayed in the waldorf astoria. Got upgraded to a suite which belonged to frank sinatra back in the day.

Immense.

Floor to ceiling white marble.

Big ass bed that we got to make plenty of use of.

Yes, I had sex in Frank Sinatra's suite.

I'll assume the springs were broken if the bed dated from when he was married to Ava Gardner.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Using all the hot water:D 90 minute shower? don't mind if I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Using all the hot water:D 90 minute shower? don't mind if I do!

Lol .

Am I the only one that uses the shower as my iron

Pop all the shirts in there, put they shower on as hot as it gets.
    40 mins later you have a nice steam room with perfect shirts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

I love hotel showers. I've often snuck back up the room for a nice shower. The heat and the water pressure. It's nearly the first thing I do when I get there. My wife laughs. A good shower followed by a cold beer whilst wrapped in a towel waiting to dry. Hmmmm (wanders off to check hotel prices)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It hugely depends on the hotel tbh. Most business trips are to fairly generic, boring hotels. Best bit about those is being able to charge the company for the booze and not having to bother picking up towels off the bathroom floor / make the bed etc.

A decent hotel though? It has to be the effect it has on the female libido and willingness to experiment!

• Advertisement
Advertisement