Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honestly now...... What does it for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

So what would u do if u where out and someone you had no interest in looks wise came over started causally chatting to u? Even asked for a light then started a chat.

That honestly depends, If I'm looking to pick someone up for a O.N.S. or maybe ask out then I'll maybe be polite enough and move on but that'll be it. If I'm just out having a few and someone is good skit then someone is good skit I'm down to have a laugh, man woman or beast. I don't base my friendships on aesthetics thats where personality plays its part for me. Everyone seems to have a problem with the honesty that sexual attraction is a factor for my choice of O.N.S. or possible partner.
    I get what you're saying about manners and all. But nobody should feel under any obligation to entertain someone they don't want to. Entertaining them can sometimes encourage that person, when you really don't want to.

You have to think about the situation you're in and understand that some people are just there to enjoy THEMselves, they have no will in them to make YOUR night more enjoyable for you. I mentioned it earlier in the other thread, but some people are oblivious to body language that says "I'm out for a few drinks, I'm not here to entertain you", and some people, well they just don't give a fcuk!

Depending on how they approach, that will determine whether I'm willing to try and make an effort to overcome my shyness to be able to talk back to them.

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I get what you're saying about manners and all. But nobody should feel under any obligation to entertain someone they don't want to. Entertaining them can sometimes encourage that person, when you really don't want to.

You have to think about the situation you're in and understand that some people are just there to enjoy THEMselves, they have no will in them to make YOUR night more enjoyable for you. I mentioned it earlier in the other thread, but some people are oblivious to body language that says "I'm out for a few drinks, I'm not here to entertain you", and some people, well they just don't give a fcuk!

Depending on how they approach, that will determine whether I'm willing to try and make an effort to overcome my shyness to be able to talk back to them.

I don't go out my way to entertain people either ya know. If I'm not feeling a conversation there's ways off moving it along but I'll at least give it a chance at the start. Like I said a few minutes won't kill anyone will it? Plenty time to go off and find the one u think u actually want then ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Gannicus wrote: »
    Fair enough I may have been a tad hyperbolic but, its not as extreme as you are classing it. It happens. People say that "personality this" or personality that" but lets face it how many time has someone you find in no way attractive come up to you and tried to chat you up only to be shot down in a few seconds before you get to know the personality. I'll admit I've done it and have had it done to me. That's life deal with it and move on.

Well a few times, I suppose (I don't make a habit of "shooting down" people when they're respectful towards me though) but it's gone the total opposite way as well a good few times too. Telling someone "that's life deal with it" is silly considering I'm 34 and have plenty of experience in that area - enough to know it's not as simple as you're making out.

It obviously does depend on what your looking for how u will react to someone but you don't need to shoot them down so to speak either. Just move on if there's nothing there conversation won't last much anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don't go out my way to entertain people either ya know. If I'm not feeling a conversation there's ways off moving it along but I'll at least give it a chance at the start. Like I said a few minutes won't kill anyone will it? Plenty time to go off and find the one u think u actually want then ha.

Genuinely? You'd be surprised. There's an expectation I'm going to be approached when I go into the club, it'd be silly to try and suggest otherwise like I'm some VIP or whatever, but still, it does put the heart crossways in me when I'm standing there enjoying my drink, sorting over shìt in my head, and next thing some Duracell Bunny comes outta nowhere and starts giving it loads!

It's bloody intimidating, and I can't be dealing with it, so I just move out of my spot and go somewhere else, hoping the girl's got the hint and doesn't follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Everyone seems to have a problem with the honesty that sexual attraction is a factor for my choice of O.N.S. or possible partner.

I have no problem with it. In fact, I think anyone that claims it plays no part whatsoever in their choices is generally lying to appear deeper than they actually are.

Well a few times, I suppose (I don't make a habit of "shooting down" people when they're respectful towards me though) but it's gone the total opposite way as well a good few times too. Telling someone "that's life deal with it" is silly considering I'm 34 and have plenty of experience in that area - enough to know it's not as simple as you're making out.

To be fair it's not silly. It is life. Not everybody is going to be your cup of tea and vice versa. Personalities are different and that's okay to me. I don't let it get to me.

Genuinely? You'd be surprised. There's an expectation I'm going to be approached when I go into the club, it'd be silly to try and suggest otherwise like I'm some VIP or whatever, but still, it does put the heart crossways in me when I'm standing there enjoying my drink, sorting over shìt in my head, and next thing some Duracell Bunny comes outta nowhere and starts giving it loads!

It's bloody intimidating, and I can't be dealing with it, so I just move out of my spot and go somewhere else, hoping the girl's got the hint and doesn't follow.

If she's mad fair enough but in most cases it's usually just your average everyday person trying to be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Everyone seems to have a problem with the honesty that sexual attraction is a factor for my choice of O.N.S. or possible partner.
    Everyone? No they don't.

Anyone will understand one-night stands are usually just physical so obviously they'd have to be with someone you just fancy. I couldn't have a one-night stand with someone I didn't fancy!

But that still doesn't negate the view that looks aren't the only important thing when it comes to attraction to someone for a more long-term relationship.

Everyone? No they don't.

Anyone will understand one-night stands are usually just physical so obviously they'd have to be with someone you just fancy. I couldn't have a one-night stand with someone I didn't fancy!

But that still doesn't negate the view that looks aren't the only important thing when it comes to attraction to someone for a more long-term relationship.

Maybe I should dispose of the hyperbole in my posts.

I'm no saying `looks are the only important thing. My argument is that they are the primary thing that attracts you to someone (in what I would say is a majority of cases).

• Advertisement

If she's mad fair enough but in most cases it's usually just your average everyday person trying to be nice.

Yeah but I don't actually know that is what I'm trying to say, and sometimes, I'm just not willing to take that chance. The person may view me as an asshole for being unwilling to engage with them, but their feelings are not my primary concern, because I don't know them. It's different in a work situation where often I'm forced to talk to people I'd really rather not, but in a club, they'll get over it quickly enough, or at least they should anyway. I wouldn't be cruel or mean and tell them to eff off, but sometimes people who don't take the hint the first time, need to be told that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Seen the girl your on about plenty times online the ****ers in here are gonna physically and mentally die when they Google her! :-) ha.
    Ya, she's gorgeous. She actually had a breast reduction a few years ago, as they were hurting her back. Still, her old pictures always come in handy. So to speak.

Ya, she's gorgeous. She actually had a breast reduction a few years ago, as they were hurting her back. Still, her old pictures always come in handy. So to speak.

Lol!

Mal Molloy! London Andrews!
    Actually while at it throw in Otoni there as well.

Lol!

Mal Molloy! London Andrews!
    Actually while at it throw in Otoni there as well.

Jeeesus! :eek:

*speechless* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

While this is true you'll find a lot of people are first attracted to some one based on aesthetics. You see someone in a pub you like, you don't go up to them as they look like they have a nice personality. You go over as you think they are physically attractive. The personality is an added bonus. Personality only comes into play if you are looking for someone to date as opposed to a one night stand. I would even go so far as to say that it may turn a one night stand into a possible relationship if there is a connection personality wise.
    [.

don't agree I mightnt cross the bar to talk to somebody I didn't find attractive.
    But in the past being forced to share a table in a pub or being introduced to a friend of friend has caused me to be attracted to a personality and then have something happen.
    Good connection = good sex is not always true either. I've had some great sex on a once off basis with some people who have a truly awful personality.

I tend to lose interest in dickheads so I wouldn't know, I'm guessing most people would be the same

don't agree I mightnt cross the bar to talk to somebody I didn't find attractive.
    But in the past being forced to share a table in a pub or being introduced to a friend of friend has caused me to be attracted to a personality and then have something happen.

Yeah but that's a situation where you were forced to share a table in a pub or whatever, you didn't choose to do so. That's why their personality came into play more than their looks. But if you're standing in a bar, you're not going to be actively looking for what to you are physically unattractive people to talk to, you're going to be actively looking for people you find physically attractive. You have a choice in the matter then whether you choose to go over and talk to them or not.

Anyone trying to say they react the same way to people they find physically attractive as people they don't find physically attractive, either genuinely isn't aware of their reactions, or is just telling porkies.

I tend to lose interest in dickheads so I wouldn't know, I'm guessing most people would be the same

A person can still be a physically attractive dickhead with the personality of a wet fish, depends on what your motivations are really. Often times people will tend to overlook a person's shortcomings in personality because they find them physically attractive, in just the same way as people can overlook a person's physical shortcomings because they find the person's personality attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Where'd you go? ffs you just left.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why is the Fat option in Italics?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Why is the Fat option in Italics?

Actually I don't know haha!

• Advertisement

Actually I don't know haha!

I think it was an intentional psychological thing you did.....

It's like "here's three things... this one... THIIIIIISSSSS ONNNNEE *smile smile smile*... and this last one" pick one :pac:

They are still losing anyway *shrugs*

"Faaaaaaaaaaat" not Fat

I think it was an intentional psychological thing you did.....

It's like "here's three things... this one... THIIIIIISSSSS ONNNNEE *smile smile smile*... and this last one" pick one :pac:

They are still losing anyway *shrugs*

I could of covered it in sparkles and promised u free water if u click it still be losing!

I could of covered it in sparkles and promised u free water if u click it still be losing!

Well at least we might be ably to gather the 21 people who voted for it into a separate Fat lovers forum and that'll be the end of 1/4 of the AH thread quotes and re-quotes... :P

I'll get me coat

Well at least we might be ably to gather the 21 people who voted for it into a separate Fat lovers forum and that'll be the end of 1/4 of the AH thread quotes and re-quotes... :P

I'll get me coat

www.fantasyfeeder.com no need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I'll get me coat

it'll make for an excellent hunting ground. Bodice approves

it'll make for an excellent hunting ground. Bodice approves

You need to get them riled up before the hunt you see... watch...
    "Hey, Miley Cyrus promotes good body image for women by her weight alone, her actions only back up these fine points and provide the ideal template for how girls should look and act"
    That should do it now. The increased blood flow will thin the fatty bits and it'll make for some fine steaks after the hunt.
    Let's begin.
    *Ch-Chhh*

• Advertisement

Actually is there anyone on here that's a member on that site?

You never know.......

You need to get them riled up before the hunt you see... watch...
    "Hey, Miley Cyrus promotes good body image for women by her weight alone, her actions only back up these fine points and provide the ideal template for how girls should look and act"
    That should do it now. The increased blood flow will thin the fatty bits and it'll make for some fine steaks after the hunt.
    Let's begin.
    *Ch-Chhh*

I find a pint and a dropped hand works fine. just like everyone else.

Actually is there anyone on here that's a member on that site?

You never know.......

the effort of feeding someone. its easy enough to find a 5 foot 4, size 16-20 woman pre-fed.

the effort of feeding someone. its easy enough to find a 5 foot 4, size 16-20 woman pre-fed.

Wouldn't be into that anyway. No harm in looking at pics though!

Wouldn't be into that anyway. No harm in looking at pics though!

I believe I shouldn't click that link in work, even in a tattoo parlour.

• Advertisement

I believe I shouldn't click that link in work, even in a tattoo parlour.

Ya its one those sites! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I like girls that are shortish 5ft 5" and under, and have a bit of flesh with a nice arse that's a handful and good size knockers - again, a nice handful is perfect.

Oh yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Yeh but it doesn't mean someone has to bowl you over looks-wise for you to find them attractive either. As I said, I had no physical interest in previous guys I was with initially, but once I got to know them, I was extremely attracted to them.

Thats good to hear..I asked a girl I dated recently why she kicked me to the curb for personal feedback. She said I'm not a piece of merchandise that can be reviewed and she just didn't find me attractive. Would have been nice to know why to be honest.

I don't really have a type, there would be a cut off point of what I'd find physically attractive in a pub/club scene as regards too much weight.

That being said, personality does win out for me but I do recall being very turned off by an ex who was letting herself go. The most unattractive thing about the weight gain was not the weight itself, it was the attitude she had towards it. She would openly say she wanted to do something about it but the height of exercise would be an infrequent brisk walk/short run followed by a takeaway because she'd "earned it". Outside of that exercise she'd do very little else and just came across as lazy to me. There were other issues towards the end of that relationship but I do remember that being one of them.

Some over weight people tend to draw attention to their weight fairly frequently, it's awkward and uncomfortable and I find the drawing of attention to it very off putting. I've found women who are overweight attractive many times before, it wouldn't be my preference but they were confident about themselves and that's what I liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Green eyes red hair
    small waist perk tats and firm ass .
    Basically no bird your likely to meet round these parts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Green eyes red hair

Do transfers from bubblegum count?

I really think the Irish women need to make more of an effort .

Green eyes red hair

Where are you, the Antarctic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I really think the Irish women need to make more of an effort .
    You can imagine all you like that there are no attractive Irish women, but reality says different.

And some people wonder why they have issues finding someone decent or coming across bitchy women when come out with ****e like that.

• Advertisement

You can imagine all you like that there are no attractive Irish women, but reality says different.

There are a few indeed, but having lived in a few countries, I reckon both Irish men and women could make more of an effort, me included, although my diet is pretty good.

lufties wrote: »
    There are lots indeed, but having lived in a few countries, I reckon both Irish men and women could make more of an effort, me included, although my diet is pretty good.

Why should anyone have to make more of an effort ? Surely at the end of the day do it for yourself or someone you love or whatever but for people passing u on the street who will use u as an example **** them.

Couldnt give a ****e if someone thinks im not making an effort :pac: ill do it when i feel i need to.

Why should anyone have to make more of an effort ? Surely at the end of the day do it for yourself or someone you love or whatever but for people passing u on the street who will use u as an example **** them.

Couldnt give a ****e if someone thinks im not making an effort :pac: ill do it when i feel i need to.

thats your own business. Generally speaking, to maintain an optimum lifestyle, we should be more health conscious, eating healthy ACTUALLY makes us feel better and happier, instead of instant gratification from fast food and junk. Nobody is perfect but when it comes to diet/ fitness and well being I think we should strive for better.

The majority are mutton dressed as lamb .when you look at the other women:confused: when abroad even on a night out in Dublin they seem to have no class and act like brazzers compared to their eastern European cousins

lufties wrote: »
    thats your own business. Generally speaking, to maintain an optimum lifestyle, we should be more health conscious, eating healthy ACTUALLY makes us feel better and happier, instead of instant gratification from fast food and junk. Nobody is perfect but when it comes to diet/ fitness and well being I think we should strive for better.

Im not on about diet and fitness and what not im fairly happy with how i am there . What i meant was looks and how u dress etc etc that has nothing to do with anyone else.

You could really say your health and fitness has nothing do with anyone either its your choice to make. If its something you personally want to be and to work on fair play and i mean that but i dont think we should look at it as a situation where Irish men and women should be having a long hard look in mirror about who they are if your happy thats the main thing once your not killing yourself then whats the big deal?

The majority are mutton dressed as lamb .when you look at the other women:confused: when abroad even on a night out in Dublin they seem to have no class and act like brazzers compared to their eastern European cousins

Where do u live? and actually where are you from?

Copper wouldn't ask that.
    They really show themselves up when they go on holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Some posters should probably look up the meaning of "mutton dressed as lamb" and "cousins".

Copper wouldn't ask that.
    They really show themselves up when they go on holidays

I hope for your sake your a bloody ride because your ****ed otherwise :pac:

• Advertisement

If I could thank a post a thousand times... :pac:

Honestly, these people that say "everyone else could do with making more of an effort", it's as if they feel they shouldn't have to make any, and therein lies the issue - lack of self-awareness, again.

As for the whole "Irish people need to make more of an effort", yeah, because everyone else in the countries they've been to are all specimens of health and happiness... as fcuking if! :pac:

I'm pretty content with my physical appearance as I am, sure, I have some issues, but nothing that impedes me from enjoying life, and as for my fitness levels, well, I won't be breaking Olympic records any time soon, but I can still move my ass when I need to :D

Advertisement